III.

???

"Runaway with me."

"W-what..?"

He started into your e/c filled with pain and sorrow, all happiness left was lost his eyes contained the tiniest bit of hope as he asked you those three words. With no warning the male knocked on your door at 4am soaking wet from the storm erupting outside, you let him in with no hesitation gave him something to drink and sat down with him you never expected to see the Dazai Osamu breakdown in front of you.

The two of you have been 'friends' since you joined, there were a few romantic interactions between you two but it was nothing serious, just for jokes, until you began having feelings towards the Executive, surprisingly, he did too. He confessed to you and the both of you have been together ever since.

"Dazai, do you know what will happen if we do?"

He let out a frustrated sigh combing his wet hair by running fingers through it before laying his head onto the sofa staring at the ceiling; he knew what you were referring to; he knew you knew the answer to that question he did too, thus making it Rhetorical. You both knew the consequences of leaving the Mafia once you join you can never leave; it was genuinely difficult. If you leave, your names will be engraved on the traitors list. The two of you will be known as the Executives betraying the Mafia, even if you were successful to make it out unscathed you and Dazai both have Mafia blood on your hands, there was no way of getting rid of it like a unwashable stain, if people found out jobs will be tough to find.

"I know the consequences, I just want to get out of here...with you."

He removed his gaze from the ceiling to you, with a straight face, he was serious about this and was willing to do it.

"Why so soon? I mean, you practically grew up in the Mafia and you're willing to throw your status and everything away? Osamu, tell me what's really going on."

And that's when he told you all of it

everything

not a single detail left untouched

"Dazai..-"

"That's why I need to leave the Mafia, I just want someone I love with me through it. You don't have to come if you don't want to, I don't wanna force anything on yo-"

"I'm coming with you."

"What?"

"I said I'm coming with you."

You bring your hand up and caress his right cheek, he only leaned in closer to your and placing his own on top of yours.

"If you told me earlier this would have been sorted by now."

You gently place a soft kiss on his lips, he kisses back with his ice-cold ones, needy, craving for the warmth radiating from your lips. Dazai's arms snakes around your waist while yours remained on his cheek, eventually, you lift your other hand and plant it on his left cheek.

A slow and sensational kiss was shared between the both of you, to seal the deal.