II.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

²⋅

The two laid there in the covers engulfed in each others warmth, it was noon the densely busy city of Yokohama finally came to a rest, the dim raze seeped into small bedroom illuminating the irrely silent room. Nights like these were rare, it was recommended to cherish these while you can for you never know when you would experience a night like this again.

Dazai enjoyed these types of nights, with his insomnia tranquil noons like this helped him fall asleep, but tonight was different he found himself thinking— deep in thought. The fellow mafioso never had time to just have a moment to think about his life, the past, the present, the future; if he could even see himself living long enough to have one.

"Say, Osamu?" The hushed voice of Y/n was enough to snap him out of his terrance, he hummed in response his gaze fixated at the ceiling above.

"Do you ever wonder..what our future will be like?" It was like she was reading his mind, Dazai lets out a breathy sigh pulling the girl more closer to him she plants her head on his clothed chest.

"I ponder about everything, the future is predetermined, well that's what I believe. Though, there are sometimes we're I'm against it, we can help shape and make our own future—our destinies. Life can be a conniving beast, a bipolar one. Your life could be perfect and blissful at the start to only become despair filled along the way. We should be prepared for anything, anything the future spits, throws or gifts us."

"Wow, that's deeeeep." She joked, the boy's lips curve into a small smile.

Maybe he would live a little longer after all.