X.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

¹⁰

❑ A/N: idek what this is but its some angst

A piercing scream cracks the afternoon peace.

The source of the voice staggers towards his leaner figure, a familiar crimson liquid seeps out his clad-torso ceaselessly joining him on the glacial concrete floor, wasn't this what Dazai wanted? To free himself from his overgrown shackles of misery & suffering? To cut his breath short? He was seconds away from meeting his soul goal and yet he felt nothing, no excitement, no fear, no guilt.

Just emptiness.

So this was how death felt like.

No bright mystical light shooting out of the sky ripping his soul out of his newly deceased body, pulling him up to the clouds above as they part for his arrival, no ominous vermilion lighting as large shrivelled hands digging against his skin and dragging him below with it. Just an unsaturated version of his surroundings tinged with blurriness and the heat rays of the afternoon sun failing to keep his numbing body warm.

Death is agonisingly slow, making it one of the cruelest experience man has to face, he was lead to believe there was an escape from his never ending suffering and for the first time he was mistakenly wrong.

Who knew death is just as cruel as life?

 .

✎ edited: 4/1/21