XI.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

¹¹⋅

It was a muted morning of work, the just-risen sun shone softly on the Yokohama streets, its thin rays seeping into the kitchen providing not only light but the subtlest of warmth though it only seemed to make a certain more fatigued than she already was. Her eyes craved more sleep the entirety of her previous night comprised filling in neglected paperwork that she had a whole fortnight to do, oh how she wished she could kick her past self for their heavy procrastination.

She had spent those past weeks involving herself with something else, or rather with someone else.

The hushing sound of the kettle cuts her out of her trance, removing the kettle she pours it in her coffee mug and mixes the contents with a spoon. She hums in delight as she takes a sip of the warm liquid, feeling her drowsiness leave her ever so slightly, however she was completely aware about the smidge amount of energy she has regenerated would slowly deteriorate. She needed it — she needed at least one cup to get her through her prolonged working day.

"Morning. ~" a groggy voice fills her earlobe it was if it were an apple glazed in honey it was sweet yet tough. Dazai morning voice was quite attractive, no — his morning voice is attractive. A pair of bandage arms wrap around [Y/N]'s waist, his lips heading straight to her neck, planting a delicate kiss against her skin, he plops his head upon her clothed shoulder his chocolaty locks sprawl messily on it.

"Morning to you too, Osamu." her (free) hand rests upon his bedridden locks, her fingers thrummed through his hair causes him to sigh at the warmth of her touch; momentarily closing his eyes "Do you want coffee?" [Y/N] takes another sip of her beverage. "Hm, depends what type of coffee it is." "Black coffee, but not from our usual brand we purchase from, Yosano recommended it to me. Do you want to try some?" Her eyes flickered from her coffee to Dazai resting on her shoulder.

He hummed, removing his weight off her shoulder, allowing his girlfriend to face him. She carefully lifts her mug up towards Dazai's lips for him to try. With an amused smile laced on his features, Osamu plants his hand on the rim of the mug, gently pushing it down and away from his mouth. [Y/N] gives him a questioning glance in return, genuinely confused about his sudden refusal.

She watched with curious eyes as his thumb and index trail up to her chin, tilting her head up, his golden-brown eyes bore into hers, [Y/N] remained still, gulping a little as she swore she had seen Dazai's orbs dim ever so slightly, he slowly leans in taking her lips in his, kissing her softly and sensually.

Osamu eventually drew back, leaving [Y/N] in shock, her lips still parted as she stared at her boyfriend, "Not bad, Yosano has good taste in coffee." he mused, finally taking the mug from her grasp and taking a sip "I can't believe you did thaat." she groaned, narrowing her eyes at the male in front of her, "Did what? All I did was try the coffee. ~"

"Anyway," he continued, Dazai placed the new empty mug on the kitchen counter "Were you able to finish those docs?"[Y/N] scoffed, still annoyed by what happened but it didn't stop her from answering him. "Somehow I did, I would of finish it earlier if you didn't occupy my time so much."

Dazai raised a dark brow "Oh? But, you gladly allowed me occupy your time, [Y/N]."

He wasn't wrong at all, she hated how he was right, [Y/N] couldn't say no to spending time with him she let him drag her away from completing her paperwork, she had fallen for his wicked pestering and persuading, it was going to be the death of her in the future.

"You still were distracting." she retorted, her arms fold over her chest.

"And that doesn't change the fact you enjoyed my company. Especially last Saturday," the corners of his mouth curved upwards, a smirk gracing his lips. "Now that, I quite enjoyed. I'm certain you did too, it was pretty prominent if you ask me." he teased.

"It's too early for this, I'm going to have a shower." [Y/N] fingers rub her forehead gingerly, attempting to suppress the surfacing memories of Saturday's event. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he eyes [Y/N] practically stomping away towards the couple's shared bathroom.

-

❑ bruh how does one write again, after reading someone else's fanfic i've been feeling unconfident with my writing recently gnsngnse

✎ edited: 4/1/21