don't be touchin her like that

"we're not goin to school today" jah walked into the room to tell me.

i nodded my head he closed the door. isaiah slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me. he smiled at me and i returned it.

"what time is it?" he asked.

"we're not going to school today," i told him.

isaiah nodded and went back to sleep. i grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked the time. 7:30 am. yawning i got the covers off me slowly and walked out of his room. jah was sitting in the living room playing music softly. i went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. i went back out to go with jah.

"hey" jah smiled at me as i walked closer to the couch he was on.

"hey" i leaned my head on his shoulder "why are you up?"

"i couldn't sleep and i got bored of being in my room"

we heard someone cough and i jumped. someone laughed and i looked in the direction. isaiah walked over to me laughing.

"sorry" he told me.

"i'm gonna go back to my mom's house today. i left some shit in there that i hope she ain't throw away yet" i told them.

they both looked at me and shook their heads.

"we both goin. there's no way we're gonna let you go by yourself to her house" jah said shaking her head.

"alright, we're leaving right now. she always leaves around 7. hopefully that hasn't changed" i walked to isaiah's room.

i changed into some sweats he has in his closet and grabbed one of his hoodies. my shoes were in the living room so i walked to the living room and put them on. isaiah looked at me and i nodded my head.  he tapped jah's shoulder and jah got up.

jah volunteered to drive as isaiah and i sat in the backseat. well actually we laid down. both of us were still kinda tired. isaiah pulled me closer to him as we laid in the back falling asleep.

i don't know how much time passed before jahseh woke us up. we both got out of the backseat onto the street. jah parked the car around the block. as we got closer to my house we didn't see any lights on. people stared at us as they did their drug exchanges.

"hey yo" someone called out.

"it's lil angel" someone else called out.

i turned around slowly at the porch they were all on. isaiah and jah stood next to me protectively as we all looked over there.

"it's luck" he spoke up.

"yo" i walked over and hugged him.

luck was a childhood friend i grew up with. it was a group of us that used to hang together, but i sorta became distant with all of them. it wasn't really my choice. my mom became very strict and anytime i would talk to them she would cause a scene. they never really cared about her causing scenes. half the time they would just go to my window and apologize for me having to have her as a mom. everyday they would encourage me to go and live with them, but i never really had the guts to leave my mom alone. now i wish i moved in with them.

"where's everyone else?" i asked looking at jerm and luck.

"they're at rair's finishing up the spiffy tape" luck said as jerm went inside.

"they make music now?" i asked him

"yeah. rair, jerry, and specs call themselves the spiffy gang"

"what's your number?" i asked him.

he grabbed my phone and put his number in it. after he gave me his number i hugged him and walked back to isaiah and jah.