Rescued

Not only did Curly slice the top of Dally's arm but the flying blade had landed itself into Y/N's thigh causing her to collapse onto the floor. Dally turned back to Curly to finish him off, but he had already risen and was standing with the Shepherd gang.

"Oh God, she's hurt. Y/N? Are you okay? Say something already!" Ponyboys fear was obvious and the rest of the gang crowded around her whilst the Shepherds and their group departed, ironically taking a while to get Tim's car to start up.

"I'm okay... I think. I... I dunno... Oh gosh this hurts so bad! What do I do?" Y/N looked up at the Boys standing over her, worry littered on all their faces.

"You'll be alright Y/N" Sodapop smiled. "We gotta get to home, Darry will be able to take the knife out." Soda placed her arm over his and Two-bit repeated the same on her other side.

They started staggering towards Two-bit's car when Y/N started going pale and soon everything went black for her and her whole body went limp. The Boys gently placed her in the back of the car, her head placed on Ponyboy's lap.

"Two-bit take her home, Steve and I are gonna close up and we'll follow".

Y/N woke up on somebody's bed, her eyes darted round the room. Nobody was in sight. The knife was no longer in her leg but she had an intense pain as she tried to move. She took a sharp inhale and let out a painful moan. "Oh god" she whispered to herself.

Darry had come home about half an hour after the boys arrived with Y/N. Sodapop carried her from the car into the house whist she was still out of it and Ponyboy held her hand the entire time.

Y/N managed to lean up so she was sitting on the edge, her leg laid out in front.

"Hey, you're up! Guys, Y/N's up!" Ponyboy shouted as he practically ran over to her, placing himself next to her on the bed.

"Hey" Y/N gently said as she smiled. Soon the whole gang had made their way into the room and crowded round.

"How're you feeling now?" Darry asked has he stood at the back, arms crossed.

"I'm okay. My leg does hurt a lot" she started rubbing where some stitches were.

"Darry got the knife out and stitched you up whist you were out" Ponyboy smiled as him and Y/N made eye contact. His eyes were red and puffy, he had been crying but wouldn't dare let Y/N know about it.

"Thanks Darry, sorry to be such a bother guys. If I hadn't had come along I wouldn't have caused all this grief". Two-bit laughed as he rebuffed her words.

"Well gosh kid, If you hadn't come along that fight would've still happened. Just wrong place wrong time sort of thing".

"And don't worry kid, I'm gonna get that Curly back for this. Little bastard busted one of my rings too" Dally was serious, he would get Curly back for what he done.

"Right guys c'mon, I gotta get dinner started. Y/N you're more than welcome to stay again for dinner." She smiled.

"Thanks, I better quickly go home first and get changed and then I'll be back". Everyone made their way out of the bedroom, Two-bit plonked himself Infront of the TV, Sodapop and Steve went back to their card game, Johnny and Dally sat on the couch whist Darry got started in the kitchen.

Just before Y/N and Ponyboy left the bedroom he stopped her.

"Y/N I'm so sorry you got hurt" he looked at her with worry in his eyes.

"What are you sorry for Pone? I wanted to come along today. Like Two said, it was just the wrong place wrong time". Ponyboy tried to smile.

"I know, but I just got so worried about you when I saw all that blood. I dunno what I would have done had it been worse".

"Knowing you, you would have probably fainted" Y/N laughed as she brought Ponyboy in for a hug.

The two of them stayed in a tight hug for much longer than usual, both enjoying each others scent.

"C'mon, Darry will wonder what we're up to." Ponyboy released himself from the hug and helped Y/N as she limped her way to the kitchen.