Worry

Y/N didn't wake up until midday, she didn't have a continuous night's sleep. She was worried about Ponyboy as well as being excited for their date. At least she hoped their date was still on. Lazily walking down the stairs Y/N went to fix herself some breakfast. She opened the fridge and there was nothing but some cheese and milk, inside the cupboards were some pasta and some some mouldy bread. She sighed.

'Looks like I'll be heading to the shops before I eat today.' She grabbed the money left by her mom, got dressed and headed out.

Remembering Ponyboy, she made a detour next door to see how he was doing.

"Hello?" She asked walking through the front door this time.

"Hey lil lady" Two-bit said in-between beer sips.

"Hey Two, dyou know how Pony is?"

"Couldn't say darlin'. He was up and gone by the time I came over. Both Darry and Soda said he'd gone out."

"Oh, well I guess that means he's feeling better. I was hoping he wouldn't cancel tonight." Y/N had a huge grin on her face and she realised she was still going to have her first date with Pony.

"What's that then lil Missy? Y'all going on a date or something?" Y/N continued to smile and winked at a curious Two-Bit.

"Well heck, I knew you two would eventually get together. Practically the whole group knew y'all liked eachother." Y/N laughed and shared a warm smile with him.

"Cheers Two. I'm gonna head to the shops, dyou want anything? And don't say beer." Two-bit shook his head and continued drinking the bottle he was on as Y/N laughed and walked out.

Y/N headed down to the local shops to buy essentials for the next week, as well as some treats for her and Pony for later tonight. Some chocolate to share. As she was looking up and down the isles an unfamiliar voice asked for her attention.

"Hey doll." Y/N looked up to see none other than Curly Shepherd. She froze. She had never officially met Curly, the only time they'd interacted was when he threw that blade into her leg.

"Oh... Umm.. hi Curly. How're you?"

"Just fine girly.. listen Y/N. It is Y/N ain't it?" She nodded in agreement. "Look.. I just wonna apologize. I didn't mean to get you with the knife, and Angela said how you two were close. Hell, she beat me silly with a frying pan when she found out." They both laughed.

"It's fine Curly, I knew you didn't do it on purpose. Besides, Darry fixed me up and I'm as good as new." Y/N rubbed where her stitches were. Darry was right, they healed quickly.

"Thanks doll. Hey I've been meaning to ask ya... Are you and Ponyboy a thing?" Y/N was taken aback. How did he know that? Were they that obvious? She let out a little laugh and explained their date tonight.

"Well he's a lucky lad. Make sure he treats you well..." Curly kept eye contact for far longer than expected and looked annoyed as he walked away. 'What was that?' She thought to herself. He seemed sweet at first, but she had heard so many stories about him. Finishing her shopping Y/N was still fixed on the look Curly gave her as he left.

Her thoughts quickly changed when she realised the time. 'Oh gosh! It's 3 already, I said I'd meet Pony at 3:30!' She picked up her pace and made her way home to get ready.

Ponyboy found himself waking up as soon as the sun was rising. He fixed himself breakfast but didn't for his other brothers. He decided to take a walk and left his brothers a note;

'I decided to go for a walk. I'll be back later on. Sorry I didn't make breakfast for everyone, still not feeling well.
Ponyboy'

He made his way out the door and started walking. He didn't know where he was going but he just wanted to be alone with his thoughts.

As Y/N was getting ready she couldn't help but be in the best mood. She got dressed into her best outfit, light blue sweater and knee length skirt. She applied a little bit of makeup, enough to make her look awake and she added some curls to her hair. Whilst looking into the mirror she smiled. She felt pretty.

She arrived at the Curtis house a few minutes later and it was eerily quiet. Darry and Sodapop were sitting at the table along with Steve and Dally.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Y/N, you haven't seen Pony have you?"

"No, why is he missing?

Sodapop continued. "Well he left a note this morning saying he was going for a walk and we haven't seen him since... Two and Johnny are out looking. We're all worried." Y/N started to panic aswell. What was wrong with him?

The door opened and every one of them shot up running to the door.

"Its just us" Johnny explained. "We didn't find him."

Everyone took a seat in the living room. Two-bit placed himself next to Y/N making a comment on her new look.

"You're looking mighty fine lil Missy. Don't worry, I doubt Ponyboy will miss your date."

"Y'all had a date?" The rest of the gang asked. Y/N went on to explain last night when Pony finally asked her out. Each of them had a small smile.

A few hours past and the group had seperated themselves into different areas of the house. Darry stayed in his chair reading, Soda and Steve played cards on the table, Two-bit and Dally sat watching TV and Y/N and Johnny were in the kitchen.

Eventually after what felt like eternity for them, the door slowly opened. Y/N raced to the doorway, and the whole gang's eyes were fixed. They intently watched as Ponyboy stumbled in, followed by an unknown girl.

"Hey.. I'm.. sorry I'm late.... This is ... Norma... She's my..

well.. my girlfriend."