Awake

Ponyboy carried Y/N into the hospital followed by Johnny and Two-bit.

"We need some help here!" Two-bit yelled trying to grab a doctor's attention.

"What happend?" A nurse asked.

"Uh, she was beat up by some socs." Johnny quickly thought. The nurses and doctors knew of the fued between socs and greasers in town, so didn't ask anymore questions.

They placed her onto a stretcher and brought her into her own room. The boys all sat in the waiting area and were able to catch their breath.

"I hope they're all okay." Ponyboy was thinking aloud. They didn't know who that bullet hit, and he was worried for his brothers.

"We're fine kid." Pony looked up to see his brothers walking down the hallway. He shot up and ran towards them, hugging them tightly.

"When we heard that shot I was so scared!"

"We're alright little buddy, but Dally was hit." Johnny and Two-bit joined them as Steve walked towards them from the door aswell.

"Is he alright?" Johnny asked. He was praying in his mind. He was the closest to Dally. "He's gonna he alright, luckily it hit into his arm. He's getting stitched up at the moment."

All the boys sat down getting ready to chat about what had happened. Angela joined them aswell.

"What happend to Curly and Tim?" Two-bit didn't want them to get away, he was furious with them, and if he got the chance he would have probably shot each of them himself.

"They're unconscious.." Angela answered. "They're downstairs with the police."

"You phoned the police?" Two-bit questioned. Despite what had gone on, none of them would've gone to the police, they wouldn't have even thought to so that.

"I called them." Angela continued. "I'm gonna tell them it was self defence. That they attacked me and you guys saved me. I'll tell 'em Tim shot Dally. I'll make sure their both put away for a long time.."

They all smiled at her. They knew she was serious, and they knew she was a good liar. She got that from her brother.

"How's Y/N?" Soda asked.

"We don't know.. doctors are fixing her up now." They all sat in silence waiting. Pretty soon the police came looking for Angela, and she had to go make a statement.

About an hour after she left, Dally turned up, a huge grin on his face. He must be the only person in Tulsa who enjoys being hurt.

"Hey man." He approached Pony and Johnny and hugged them. He was rarely the hugging type, but after everything they've been through he was a lot closer to them.

"How's our lil lady?" He sat down and started immediately smoking.

"Still haven't heard anything." Steve answered on behalf of everyone.

"It's been about 4 hours now."

"Shit man, she's gonna be okay." He turned and placed his hand on Pony's shoulder.

"She's gonna be alright, man." Ponyboy nodded his head as they all sat in silence.

A few more hours passed, and all of them were restless. A doctor approached them and they all looked up.

"Um Y/N L/N family?" Ponyboy spoke first.

"That's us!" The doctor looked at the seven greasers standing in front of him.

"All of you?" He asked confused.

"C'mon man, just tell us is she okay?" Dally was losing patience as were all of them.

"Okay, listen. She's been through a lot. Physically she's going to be okay, but mentally she'll have a long way to go. She isn't awake yet, but will be soon. You can go see her right away, so follow me." Ponyboy looked over at Sodapop and smiled. For the first time in a while the whole gang were happy collectively.

Y/N layed there peacefully. Once the gang entered they all quietly noticed how beautiful she looked despite the cuts and bruises. She had a deep cut along one of her cheeks and her neck as well as all over her arms , legs and stomach. She also had a deep cut which needed stitches on her stomach. Ponyboy walked over to the left side of her bed, he immediately grabbed her hand and held it. The rest of the gang made a circle around her.

"Man, she looks awful." Johnny commented.

"She looks a lot better than if we hadn't got there in time." Steve made them all realise how lucky they got, finding her when they did. They all stayed with her, hoping that she will wake up soon. Pony stayed holding onto her hand, Darry and Sodapop were seated behind him. Steve, Two-bit and Johnny were sitting by the window, falling asleep on one another and Dally was the other side of Y/N, watching her.

Pretty soon Y/N slowly opened her eyes for the first time and immediately looked at Ponyboy. His eyes were shut and he looked rough. She noticed him holding her hand and she smiled. She looked behind him and she saw Darry and Sodapop asleep aswell. Turning her head she smiled at Johnny, Steve and Two-bit all asleep on each others shoulders. Once she turned her head fully she looked up at Dally. He was the only one still awake.

"Hey kid." He nodded at her as he spoke.

"How ya feeling?"

"I've been better." She smiled and looked back at Pony.

"I gotta tell ya kid, that boy ain't left your side all day. He's really fallen for ya." Y/N took her other hand and placed it onto of his, waking him

"Yeah me too."

"Y/N?!" Ponyboy jolted up, waking up the rest of the gang.

"Y/N, oh I'm so glad you're awake." He leant down and the two of the shared a kiss, it felt like heaven for the both of them. Each of the boys surrounded her, asking how she was. Once the excitement of her being awake settled down, it was time for Y/N to ask her own questions.

"What happend to Curly and Tim? Or Norma? And Angela? She had run away to find you before I passed out."

"She found us alright." Johnny informed her, as she placed his hands in his pockets.

"She got hit by Curly pretty bad, and came running to find us. Thank god she did otherwise we wouldn't have got to you in time." Y/N was relieved Angela had found them.

"She's with the police at the moment." Darry continued.

"We beat the crap outta Curly and Tim. They're downstairs at the moment. Angela is gonna say that it was self defence, that we were rescuing her from them. She's gonna say they threatened us with the gun." Steve had a huge smile as he spoke. He loved fights. Y/N wasn't completely relieved. Until they were both locked up compeltely out of her life, she couldn't fully relax. Sensing her fear, Two-bit spoke up.

"Don't worry kid, they're not gonna get to you no more. They've got the seven of us to deal with first." She smiled warmly as she looked at all their faces.

"What about Norma?" She asked whilst looking at Ponyboy.

"She realised what she did was wrong. She's gonna go to the police with Angela, say that boys both attacked them."

Y/N layed back and closed her eyes. She was tired, despite being unconscious for do long. The rest of the boys spoke about what had gone on, whilst Ponyboy stroked her hair. She fell asleep listening to them all laughing and joking.