More than just friends

It had been a month since Y/N was kidnapped, Curly and Tim were arrested once they woke up. The boys had beaten them real bad, they were gonna have scars for the rest of their lives. Angela and Norma said they would testify to put them away. Y/N didn't want to go to the police about the rape, so Angela and Norma came up with a plan where Norma would say she was dating Curly, and that the four of them were hanging out when both Curly and Tim attacked them. As they were screaming, the Curtis gang came in to help them, and fought off the Shepard brothers, resulting in Dally being shot.

Because Tim had only just been released from prison, he was gonna get a lot of time just for having the gun, and shooting Dally was being treated as attempted murder. At the trial Tim was found guilty and sentinced to 30 years in prison, Curly was found guilty of being an accomplice and sentinced to 20 years. Y/N could finally relax knowing they were both behind bars. Angela and Norma became quite good friends after everything, Y/N no longer hanged around them though. She couldn't bring herself to be reminded what had happened. There was no bad blood between the three, it was just better to keep away from eachother.

Y/N had told her parents she had been jumped by some socs, and that Ponyboy and the gang saved her. They didn't ask too many questions and Y/N was grateful for that. Things carried on like normal during the past month, Y/N had started school again, and her grades were doing good. She had a better relationship with her parents, they were still busy with work, but they made the time for her, and she felt as if she could speak to them.

Y/N sat at the Curtis kitchen table, thinking about the last month. Ponyboy sat next to her. They were getting stuck into their homework, like the hundreds of times they had done before. Darry was getting dinner ready, along with Sodapop who had recently started to help cook. Two-bit sat on the floor, beer in hand. Johnny and Dally sat on the couch, and Steve sat in Darry's chair.

"Hey, you concentrating?" Ponyboy waved his hand on front of her face.

"You're in a world of your own." Sodapop smiled and turned to face them.

"That's why y'all are such a good couple. You're exactly alike." They all shared a laugh as Y/N brushed her hair behind her ears.

"I'm just thinking about everything that's gone on. I'm really lucky to have all y'all care so much about me." She looked a Ponyboy, and he placed his hand on her knee.

"It's about time we told ya, Y/N. Only reason we saved you is 'cause we needed someone to do the dishes." Sodapop joked, Y/N got up and playfully slapped his arm as they laughed.

"Hey Darry, how long 'til dinner?" Ponyboy asked as he cleared up their books. "About 15 minutes." Darry answered. Ponyboy grabbed hold of Y/N's hand and walked her to the door.

"Me and Y/N are gonna go for a quick walk, we'll be back in time for dinner."

"Okay, be safe." Both Darry and Sodapop said. They'd began to trust Ponyboy more, allowing him to make his own choices. The couple weaved past the greasers in the living room, trying not to get in the way of the TV.

"Me and Pony are going for a walk, anyone wonna come." Johnny looked up and was about to answer yes, but Ponyboy gave him an intense look, and gently shook his head, so that Y/N couldn't see.

"Oh um, no that's okay. Thanks though." He went back to watching TV and both Pony and Y/N left.

They decided to have a quick walk to the lot, their hands interlocked.

"Y/N... I really love you." "Right back at ya Ponyboy." Y/N smiled and leaned in for a kiss, but Ponyboy moved away.

"Y/N this last few months made me realise how much I really do care about you. You're the best thing that's ever come into my life. And when Curly and Tim took you, I realised that despite us going steady for a while, I'd never actually properly made you mine." He pulled Y/N's hands into his and looked into her eyes, as she smiled at him warmly.

"Y/N? Will you be my girl?" Y/N's eyes beamed and she jumped into his arms, squeezing him into a hug.

"Of course Ponyboy. Thank you for asking."

She held his head in her hands and pressed her lips gently on his. After a couple of minutes they pulled away, and began to walk home. Hand in hand, finally accepting that they were always meant to be more than just friends.

-- THE END --

*Please carry on for an epilogue, explaining what happend to each of the characters.*