The Car

TW: RAPE

Y/N woke up on the floor just inside the doorway of the house, she had a pounding headache and felt sick.  Managing to get herself up, she stumbled to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. She didn't recognize what saw.

'oh gosh, I look awful.' She carefully brushed her fingertips over her bruised cheek, remembering what had gone on with Curly. 

Her fingers traced the bruises on her arm and made their way towards her thighs. For some reason her inner thighs were purple and blue. She hurt too, in places she had never hurt before.  Her breathing became heavy and she didn't know what to do. Feeling trapped and alone, she locked herself in the bathroom, sat up against the wall and cradled her knees, not wanting to leave. 

The greaser gang woke up bright and early to talk about Y/N. Their first mission was to go check on her.  They decided it would be best for them all to go, incase Curly and his friends showed up. 

Reaching Y/N's House they knocked on the door, but there was no answer. After a couple more attempts, Dally eventually picked the lock and they were inside.

They started calling her name, but no answer. Sodapop made his way into the kitchen and saw the note on the table left by Y/N's parents, he read it to the guys and they all realised that Y/N was home alone last night.

"Shh!..." Darry instructed them all to be quiet, and above them they could hear a faint whimper.

"Y/N!" Ponyboy shouted as he ran up the stairs, following the faint sound of her sadness. The others followed and soon they were all outside her bathroom door. "Y/N?... It's me, Ponyboy... Please let me in." Ponyboy softly spoke as he  knocked on the door. 

"GO AWAY!" Y/N yelled, shocking them all.

"Y/N, please , honey open the door. We wonna help!" Sodapop tried pleading with her too, and soon all of them were begging for her to unlock the door.  Y/N couldn't ignore it.  All of yesterday all she wanted was the see them brothers again, to feel protected by them. She slowly perched herself up and unlocked the door. All of them stood in silence as the boys got a look at Y/N for the first time. 

She was broken.  More broken than before. Her arms were sore, she had a swollen cheek and her eyes were red and puffy.  Y/N sat there, quietly crying as Ponyboy was the first to enter. He sat down next to Y/N and allowed her to nustle herself into his chest as he cradled her.  Y/N felt safe, as did Ponyboy. 

"Maybe we should let them talk.. c'mon guys let's head downstairs.." Sodapop knew Pony and Y/N needed to express their feelings so he ordered everyone to head and leave them. 

Once they were alone, Ponyboy started. "Y/N I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you like that, it sounds so stupid but I... I thought maybe you liked Soda.  I guess I was jealous of how close you were.  I went out and found Norma just to make you jealous aswell... I didn't mean for all of this to happen."

"Soda? You thought I was interested I Soda?" Y/N was mad.  How could he? She felt betrayed and untrusted.

"I don't know, it sounds so stupid... Y/N please forgive me.. I love you, I can't lose you." Y/N layed her head into his chest, listening to his heartbeat. 

"I forgive you Pony.... But we're not gonna be like how we were before.  It's gonna take some time.' Ponyboy agreed, this was more than he could hope for. All he wanted was for Y/N to know he loved her.  They continued to talk, and Y/N told him all about Curly.

"We should go downstairs, tell the rest of the gang.. you'll be okay Y/N. I'm never letting Curly come near you ever again." He was serious. Ponyboy was always made fun of for being the youngest, for being small and for feeling things different. But in that moment he was different. He had more of his brothers in him.

They made their way to the kitchen, where the others were and Y/N went on to inform them of everything, and there was silence. They all looked sad, pitiful for her.  Dally was the first to speak,

"Man, I don't care what's gone on, you never hit a woman... Scumbag."

"Why did you go with him?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know.. I saw you and Pony at school, and I just wanted someone to talk to. I guess deep down I wanted Ponyboy to hurt like I did." Just as Y/N finished speaking there was a loud bang at the door. They knew it was Curly, he said he would be there first thing to check on her.  They didn't answer the door.

*BANG*

Another loud knock made then jump, followed but Curly's loud voice.

"Y/N! You awake?!" Y/N started heading towards the door before everyone stopped her.

"Are you crazy!?" Darry exclaimed, "you can't answer that door Y/N.  Go wait behind Ponyboy, I'll answer it." None of them were scared of Curly hurting them, they were scared of losing their tempers and hurting Curly. 

Darry opened the door and stood, silent with his arms folded. He was exuding intimidation.

"Hey Darrel. Where's Y/N? She had a fall last night and I said I'd make sure she's okay." Curly had a smirk on his face, he always tried to get away with everything even when all the evidence pointed to guilty.  Dally interrupted the staring,

"Whilst she was at BUCKS? She didn't fall, Curly. She was drunk and beat up."

"Go speak to her, she'll tell you. I kept her company after your brother broke her heart. She wanted to drink, she wanted to hang out with me.. so let. Me. In." Curly was stepping closer to them both, testing their patience.

Neither man was budging it was only a matter of time before somebody breaks. Curly smirked some more as he revealed what had gone on during the car journey home.

"She wanted to drink that much, she wanted  be with me... And she wanted to thank me for my kindness... So if she didn't want me... ask that little princess in there why she let me fuck her last night."

Y/N overheard everything and started placing memories back together.  She had gone in and out of consciousness last night, and she remembered Curly reaching over the car seats. She started to remember how she felt.. and he felt. Suddenly those bruises on her thighs made sense, as did the pain.

It was too much, the memories felt like a punch in the stomach and she fell to the floor, hyperventilating and crying.  The boys tried to calm her down but it was all too much.  She passed out onto the cold kitchen floor.