Friends

To say that Izuku was nervous would be an understatement. Today would be his first day in high school. Not just any high school, the school of his dreams.

UA was the best school in the country and had the best heroics program. If someone came to him a few months ago and told him that he would, not only get in but also earn the highest score on the entrance exam. He would probably think they were crazy.

He got up that morning, having spent another restless night, anxiety pooling in his guts in anticipation of the fateful day. He quickly got dressed in his new uniform, giving up on trying to wear his tie properly, he almost decided to go without it. Alas, that would be a mistake since it was his first day, therefore he needed to make a good impression on his teachers and classmates. he concluded that a crooked tie would have to do.

He took one last look in the mirror; his curly hair was as untamable as usual. Satisfied with his appearance he quickly made his way downstairs and ran outside before his mother wakes up. He needed to avoid that confrontation for as long as possible. Going to his first day of school with a black eye would probably make people suspicious. Let alone going to a school filled with heroes. His mother must have realized that. She has avoided him for the past few days. Izuku was not complaining.

He arrived at UA roughly five minutes before the first bell, the walk there was slightly longer then he had anticipated. He stood before the massive door of class 1-A, preparing himself mentally for what he was about to face. He vaguely wondered if Kacchan would be in his class again this year, he really hoped not. He needed his high school years to be different from what he had endured for most of his life. He was going to be a hero, he wouldn't let Kacchan walk all over him anymore. He gathered all the resolve he could muster and with renowned determination, he slid the door open and crossed the threshold.

"Put your feet on the ground this instant! How disrespectful can you be, treating the property of this prestigious school like trash on your first day?!" A voice that rang with authority slammed into Izuku the moment he opened the door, and he paled at the sight of the tall boy from the exam attempting to lecture a smug looking Kacchan.

"Hey, I'm only giving it what it deserves; must be a trash school after all, if they let screaming idiots like you apply." Kacchan pointedly scuffed the heel of his shoe across the top of the desk, his grin toothy and intimidating.

The boy in front of him sighed "...I believe we've gotten off on the wrong foot. My name is Tenya Iida. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He stiffly extended a hand, only to have Bakugou bark out a laugh.

"Can't even stick to your guns? Katsuki Bakugou-it'll be a pleasure to wipe the floor with your shitty face." Bakugou leaned his chair back on two legs, gaze wandering elsewhere as if Iida wasn't even worth paying attention to anymore.

Iida recoiled in shock, an exaggerated motion that seemed entirely genuine if the clear bewilderment on his face was any indication. "A-A threat?! We're supposed to be classmates, you can't just-!"

Bakugou's gaze wandered around, flickering over to the door only to lock eyes with a quivering Izuku. Furious red eyes narrowed into slits, but he had no chance to speak up before Iida followed the turn of his head.

"Ah, it's you!" Tenya's loud voice was enough to have every in the room turn in Izuku's direction, his social invisibility ripped to shreds in an instant. He raised a hand in greeting. "Hello, my name is Tenya-"

"I-I um, I heard," Izuku interrupted, waving his hands in a placating manner to halt Iida's intimidating march in his direction, as well as whatever extensive introduction that may or may not have followed it. "I-I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's... r-really nice to meet you!" He stared cautiously at the silvery sheen of Iida's glasses, rendering his gaze unreadable. before the dark-haired boy nodded respectfully towards him.