accidents happen

All Might stood in the viewing room with the rest of his students. They watched in anticipation as Midoriya and Uraraka made their way to the third floor using young Uraraka's quirk. He was unsure at first of his pupil's plan when he saw Bakugou approach the pair. However, his doubts were quickly erased as he witnessed his successor's actions. Young Midoriya countered Bakugou's moves before the boy could even react. His movements were fast and swift. All Might could see that their training had paid off. Midoriya dodged and hit with purpose, effectively leading his opponent away from his partner. The hero felt pride flutter in his chest. Still, he needed to be unbiased and school his features into remaining neutral.

Yet, this didn't apply to the students that were either cheering at the monitors or starring in shock as the shy and timid boy they met beforehand thoroughly defeated one of the top students in the class. Midoriya's movements were brutal and specific. Going straight for the win, he knocked Bakugou unconscious and proceeded to swiftly destroy the building's higher floors in a show of incredible power.

The room went dangerously quiet as they took in the destruction the short boy initiated with a single punch. They understood now how this boy earned his placement in the entrance exam.

Their awe quickly twisted to dread as they watched helplessly as the screen monitoring the exercise suddenly emitted a blinding light and turned to static.

--

"Hero team wins!" All Might's booming voice came through her communicator.

They won. Deku's plan worked! She released her quirk and slid to her feet. Iida was kneeling on the floor, head down in defeat. However, as soon as the exercise was declared over he quickly made his way towards her and congratulated her on her well-earned victory. Any response she was about to say was cut out by a sudden explosion resounding from the floors below them. The exercise was over. Were Midoriya and Bakugou still fighting? Worry began pooling in her guts as she remembered the animosity the blonde held towards her friend.

"Iida, I think something's wrong. The exercise is over. They shouldn't be fighting anymore. We need to stop whatever is happening downstairs."

Iida nodded in approval, concern clear in his voice when he spoke next. "We should go check it out"

"We need to get there before they really hurt each other-" She cut herself off as Iida suddenly raised a hand to his communicator, listening to whatever was said on the other end of the line.

"Yes sir, we'll investigate at once" Iida looked up and met her eyes, his gaze urgent and serious as he turned his communicator off again. "He wants us to go check on Bakugou and Midoriya, the video feed on the third floor was cut off."

Uraraka guts twisted in worry. "Okay, but you're faster. I'll catch up to you, so go on ahead," she stated, determination finally settling in and taking over the anxiety and worry she felt. She hoped Izuku was okay.

She wasted no time in rushing for the nearest staircase. Iida's Quirk sent him barraging past her in breakneck speed. She cut around the edge of the stairwell, using her quirk to leap over multiple steps at once.

She tried to ignore the nausea that threatened to set in. She didn't know if it was from her quirk overuse or the dread filling her stomach.

She stumbled on the last step leading to the third floor when she heard Iida's voice, filled with panic and urgency. "-I found them, sir, Midoriya received wounds to the neck and shoulder and is bleeding heavily. I'm applying pressure on his wounds sir. Please hurry!"

She skidded into the hallway to her next left, her eyes misty and burning as a cry of shock ripped from her throat at the sight before her.

Iida was knelt down. Izuku's body; limp and unconscious, was sprawled on his knees. Iida was trying to apply pressure on the boy's wounds using a ripped piece of cloth. He had ripped it from Izuku's already tattered costume. Blood was trickling from the burns on her friend's shoulder and neck.