Forgive me.

Aizawa was going to the vender's machine in the hallway to buy himself a cup of coffee when he was met with a rather slim woman. She had olive green hair wrapped in a small ponytail. Her green eyes looked vaguely familiar. The familiarity was explained when another tuff of green hair appeared in his line of vision.

Oh, it was Midoriya. That explains the familiarity. The resemblance was uncanny, except he's never seen that look in Midoriya's eyes, it was unsettling, to say the least. The woman was scowling but as soon as she spotted him, her features contorted themselves into a smile. It didn't quite reach her eyes though.

On the other hand, Izuku had his head down. He seemed to be trying to make himself as small as possible.

The woman spoke, her tone serious and unwavering. "Hello, I'm Inko Midoriya. You must be one of the teachers of UA".

"Hello, Yes, I'm Aizawa Shouta. I'm actually your son's homeroom teacher." He replied slowly, his tone neutral despite the feelings of unease he was experiencing.

"Well, if you would be kind enough, we have a family emergency and I'd like for him to be able to come with me." She half ordered. He could tell she was in a hurry.

"Mrs. Midoriya, your son has a match next. He's going to have to stay put and compete in the finals. What's the emergency, may I ask?" He questioned cautiously. Something didn't feel right about this.

"It is a personal matter I'm afraid. However, I'm his mother and I believe I have the right to retrieve the brat- my- my son anytime I want." Aizawa didn't miss the way she faltered as she tried to address her son. He responded nonetheless, she was right after all.

"Very well, I hope any problem you have will be sorted soon." He stepped aside, clearing the way for the family of two. The boy seemed to suddenly look up at him. In his eyes, Aizawa swore he saw a light getting dimmer. The feeling of unease only increased.

She nodded towards him and made her way towards the exit.

Aizawa looked at the woman as she marched passed him over to the stadium door. She had a hand placed on Midoriya's shoulder, the boy's whole body seemed stiff and uncomfortable. He tried to make eye contact with his student, only succeeding to catch a small glimpse of his expression. Something didn't feel right. Something was wrong. The boy's face was blank but solemn as if he was being marched towards his own demise.

Maybe he was just upset for having missed the final despite having come so far. However, deep down, Aizawa knew there was something greater at work. He would make sure to find out what.

He walked back to the viewing room in order to inform the other teachers of the newest development.

-------------------

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! AT LAST WE'VE ARRIVED! THE BEST OF THE BEST AMONG UA'S FIRST YEAR'S WILL BE DECIDED! IT'S THE FINAL MATCH MIDORIYA VERSUS BAKUGOU!!!!! WAIT! WHAT?" Low whispering can be heard through the microphone, too quiet to decipher. "MIDORIYA HAS WITHDRAWN DUE TO FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES. THE WINNER OF THIS YEAR'S SPORTS FESTIVAL IS NONE OTHER THAN BAKUGOU KATISUKI!"

Mic turns the mic off and turns toward his colleague. Aizawa slumped on his chair, he looks thoughtful, worried.

"I'm sure everything will be fine. It's not the first time someone withdraws from the competition. At least his mother is with him, whatever happened, he's not alone." He tries to comfort his friend but the scowl on the latter's face only deepens.

"It's just- That woman... Something felt wrong. She had this vibe. I could just tell she was lying. Something is wrong Yamada. She felt wrong- fake." Mic is left speechless. It's the first time he's seen his best friend so blatantly concerned and worried. If he thinks there's something wrong, then surely something must be.