symbol of peace

Aizawa decided that the world was planning against him.

_____________________________________

At first, when he saw the text Izuku sent, he thought that the kid probably wasn't feeling well and wanted to come home. However, when the location said Hosu city, alarms rang in his head. Hosu was under attack and his problem child managed to get involved despite his internship being nowhere near Hosu. Was the world out to get Midoriya?

Half an hour later, most probably with a couple of speeding tickets, Aizawa found himself in Hosu's alleyways. Oddly enough, to his luck, he ran into Gran Torino and a couple of Endeavor's sidekicks. Todoroki apparently ran off on his father after receiving a text. A coincidence? He thought the hell not. Those damn kids.

Aizawa expected to see Izuku caught up in some fight with Nomu's, perhaps saving some civilians. What he didn't expect was to find that the kid had fought the freaking hero killer and actually won. He would have to reprimand and thoroughly punish Iida for thinking revenge was the way to go. However, now they had more pressing matters at hand.

Todoroki and Iida were relatively fine. Iida had an injury to the arm but thankfully the bleeding seemed to have stopped.

Izuku, on the other hand, wasn't in the best shape. Many scratches littered his body, his costume was torn in multiple places and he was drenched in sweat, probably exhausted from the whole ordeal. However, the most prominent and worrying wound was the knife still embedded in his back. It was bleeding heavily and he seemed to have broken the handle in order to fight. Smart but reckless. The kid is definitely going to be the reason for his early death.

Aizawa couldn't help the relief that flooded his system though. His kids were fine. Considering who they were up against, it's a miracle they are still alive. Aizawa knew he needed to count his blessings. This could have gone a lot worse.

Yet, life always has a way to fuck things up. Right?
One moment everything was fine and then all hell broke loose.

A winged Nomu came straight for them, the creature was blinding from its arm, the blood dripping into one of the sidekick's clothes. It's eyes wild and its demeanor unstable. It seemed with no particular target in mind, despite having dove for Todoroki.

Izuku, being the self-sacrificing problem child, he is. Ceremonially shoved Todoroki out of harm and was taken himself. Aizawa cursed as no one managed to react in time. Everyone watched helplessly as Izuku got taken away.

However, that's when something truly unexpected happened. In a blink of an eye, the hero killer had licked the blood off the poor sidekick. Effectively paralyzing the Nomu, bringing it low enough for him to jump on it and stab it in the brain.

Aizawa couldn't even be relieved after that, because as soon as they were on the ground, stain got up and declared his new-found epiphany to the world. Painting a blaring red target on the kid. There just had to be a news reporter recording at that particular moment.

Aizawa really thinks that the world is plotting against them.

_____________________________________

Izuku opens his eyes slowly, this scene is becoming unnaturally familiar to him.

He somehow managed to land himself back in a hospital room. The memories from their fight against the hero killer slowly creeping into his thoughts, he instantly shoots up. Where were Todoroki and Iida? Were they okay?

Pain flares on his back but he ignores it in order to look for his friends. He sighs in relief when he realizes that both Iida and Todoroki are in the room with him. Both of them freeze when they saw him, their heads snapping towards him, in an instant.