rescue?

"It's this way guys" Yaoyorozu raises a hand and points towards an obscured building. "That warehouse there. That's where the device leads."

Shinsou, Uraraka, and Iida are in the back, they look around dreading each sound that comes from the dark night.

The area is completely silent, and the anticipation is torture. Even Bakugou is quieter than usual, Todoroki notices.

They make their way around the building slowly but quickly, and once they get there, they don't find a door, but they do find several small windows, just barely out of reach.

"Someone must go on my shoulder, we need to look inside," Shinsou speaks up, he's the tallest here.

"I'll do it" Uraraka declares as she slips off her shoes with little hesitation and climbs on the purple haired teen's shoulders.

"Here take this" Yaoyorozu calls out as she hands Uraraka some sort of camera. "It has night vision, you'll see better with it." Uraraka nods her head in gratitude and proceeds to look inside, but the dust filled windows.

"So, Uraraka, how is it?" Iida asks from below. "Do you see anything ye—"

Uraraka reels back unexpectedly with a sharp cry, almost dropping the camera. Shinsou almost loses his grip on her but shifts her feet in time to catch her balance.

"What did you see?" They watched her features contort into horror as she finally gains the courage to speak up.

"N-Nomus" She stutters out "T- there are so many of them" She whispers in terror.

"Move, let me see" Bakugou orders, impatience clear in his voice.

Uraraka looks almost relieved to get down.

Bakugou climbs on Todoroki's back instead, giving Shinsou a break.

He takes the camera, they see him squint suspiciously as he moves it around and focuses the picture. Bile rises in his throat as his gaze lands on the tanks.

"There are people here" He grits out, his teeth are locked tight in distaste and fear.

"What?" Shinsou's heart leaps to his throat at the implication.

"It's- it's not Deku. But there are people in the tanks. It's like they're draining them.

They don't even have time to let the information sink in.

The ground shakes and Bakugou scrambles off from Todoroki's shoulders.

"Get down!" Iida hollers, and that's about all the time anyone has to say anything before shockwave blasts them all back.

______________________________

The roof of the warehouse is blown clear off. Rubble flies everywhere and dust fills the clearing. Ochako and the others managed to somehow not be in the direct line of the debris. They crouch behind a fallen slab of concrete. Watching as heroes fly into the warehouse.

"The heroes got here," Kirishima says, wide-eyed.

"They're taking the Nomu's out. Do you think they already have Midoriya?" Shinsou asks as he watches Mount Lady pick up the Nomus one by one.

Iida is already shaking his head. "Unlikely," he says. "He wasn't in the warehouse, correct?"

Bakugou shakes his head. "He fucking wasn't. He has to be somewhere else."

"Let's go, we'll just be in the heroes' way if we stay here," Iida says as he starts to walk away.

They move to follow him but something happens. An overwhelming sense of DANGER takes over their minds. It freezes them all in place. It feels like blaring alarms have gone off in their heads. Warnings of imminent death and danger. Everything around them, from the crushing pressure in the air to the oppressing dark aura surrounding them and the heavy atmosphere screams at them to run.