Closure

The walk back to the dorms is quiet. The anxiety pooling in his guts subsides slightly the moment he enters the building.

Instead of the crowded, overwhelming mass of teenagers he expected, he finds the common room devoid of any of his classmates. Except for a certain invisible girl.

He wouldn't have noticed her if not for the floating book, held by a pair of gloves. Just hovering above the couch. Yes, definitely Hagakure.

Izuku can't help the relief he feels washing over him. He doesn't know what he would've done if he was faced with all his classmates at once. He gives the girl a nod in greeting. The way the gloves move in the air tells him that she noticed him too.

Glancing at Shinsou in question, the other teen just shrugs. It seems he too, didn't know where was the rest of Class 1-A.

Izuku won't look a gift horse in the mouth though. Making a hasty retreat towards the elevator, he prays that his luck will hold.

The elevator dings, the doors sliding open slowly. Closing his eyes, he waits for a moment, hoping for it to be empty. However, his luck didn't last for long.

A deep voice interrupts his train of thought.

"Midoriya, you're back." Opening his eyes, he's met with the intimidating form of Shoji Mezo. The teen looks at him, barely concealed worry in his eyes. "It's good to see you." The teen boy after a moment, saving Izuku the embarrassment of finding something to say in response.

He steps into the elevator just as the taller teen disappears down the hallway. If he'd been paying more attention, he would've noticed the boy's hair. The pale gray color, now streaked with a few strands of white.

Awkward situation averted, he prays to every god out there for the elevator to take him straight to the second floor.

The doors slide open earlier than expected and he curses his luck once again as the electronic sign above the door reads 1rst floor in bold red letters.

"Midori! When did you get here?" The horned hero in training squeals the moment she sees him.

"Bro! We've been waiting for you forever!" Kirishima exclaims from his place next to the pink-skinned girl.

He doesn't hear a word of what they say though, his mind too focused on the white strands they're both sporting, the white bangs bounce with every move Ashido makes and the white horned strands of hair stand out especially well on the redhead next to her.

"Y-your hair!" The words slip from his throat before he can stop himself. The bewilderment and slight horror evident in his tone.

"Ah! Do you like it? We just loved the color and thought it would go well with pink and red!" She exclaims excitedly, oblivious to the mounting anxiety pooling in his stomach.

The doors to the elevator saves him from actually giving her an answer. His feet immediately move to get away from the situation. His heart thundering in his ears as he tries to make sense of what he just saw.

Why would they do that? Were they making fun of him? They wouldn't, would they...?

Lifting his hoodie to cover the white abomination on his head, he shoves his hands in his pockets and makes his way towards his destination. Head hung low, staring at the tiles as his feet take him to his dorm.

Soon enough, a pair of white and red shoes appear in his line of vision. He barely stops himself from barreling into the person. Head still bent down, he refuses to look up, intent on hiding the tears that were surely forming in his eyes. The shoes immediately give away the person's identity. However, he still jumps when he hears the teen speaks up. Voice infuriatingly calm and composed as he addresses him.