you are not alone

Izuku gulped as he stared at the four occupants of his hospital room.

All might, Detective Naomasa and Principal Nedzu, are here today to talk about... well, everything.

Aizawa, whom barely left his side since he woke up, was a comforting presence through it all. The man was currently sitting on the chair at his bedside.

Izuku fiddled with the end of his shirt. A nervous habit he usually did when he was anxious. Is he really about to do this? Is he going to tell them? What if they don't believe him? What if All Might wants his quirk back after this? That's probably what's going to happen, given he'll probably going to be sent to some foster home across the country.

Speaking of his mentor. All Might hasn't looked him in the eye since he got here. Despite his best effort, the man just didn't meet his gaze, once. Maybe, he finally realized his mistake. He probably regrets ever making Izuku his successor. After all, who would want a weak, useless coward as his successor?

Izuku took a deep breath. He needed to do this. The truth was out! They probably found the basement and found out about Inko's 'creative' punishments.

"What-What do you want to know?" He asked softly, his head was down. He suddenly found the fabric of his hospital pants really interesting.

"You can tell us anything that you are comfortable with Midoriya. You should know that you can stop at any moment. It's of the utmost importance that you feel safe and calm through all of this. We will not force you to talk about something you are not willing to tell." The detective spoke calmly, his voice soothing and assuring Izuku that somehow, he was telling the truth.

"Uhm, I don't think I'm ever going to be comfortable talking about this. Mind as well, tell you everything..." Izuku mumbled to himself quietly. "It- uh- it all started when I was four... Everyone was getting their quirks but I was- uhm- I was declared quirkless..." He went on, talking about how from that day, his life took a turn for the worst. He felt vaguely disassociated, disconnected somehow, as he recalled the events of his life with a blankness he didn't know he could have while talking about such painful memories. "I lost all my friends; my best friend became one of my bullies and even dad couldn't handle having a quirkless kid. He left and uhm...my mom didn't take it so well.

He told them about his father's abandonment. He talked about his mother's change of attitude, the way everyone acted differently. From the pitiful stares to the disgusted gazes directed at him.

"When you're quirkless, you're not considered human anymore. They see you as a lesser version of themselves. In the eyes of the world, even my own mother. I was nothing but a weak, useless burden." The more he talked the more he felt the void growing in his heart. He just felt so empty. He talked about his childhood, about the bullying and the slow escalating hatred his mother garnered against him. "It started with simple yelling, every time I did something wrong or just reminded her of my father. She'd get mad and punish me." He talked and told them about the punishments, the dark box, the starvation, the torture. He spoke about the abuse, unaware of the anger that was boiling in the hearts of the four Adults.

He told them about his dreams, the way he tried to hide them from his mother. The way she acted when she found out about his UA application. All Might visibly flinched at that part. He talked about the constant shunning and torment he was being subjected to throughout his life.

"Why- why didn't you tell anyone kid?" Aizawa asked hesitantly. All Might had told him about the things he'd found in the Midoriya household. How could a kid go through such suffering and remain silent?

"I- I don't- I told someone once... I knew mom was angry at me one day, I had uhm- left my analyses notebook in the living room and she just hated it when I did anything that was related to heroes. I ran away that day, went to school as fast as I could. She was just so mad and I- I was scared of-of going back there." There, was the dark box. He didn't say it but they all understood. Shivers ran through Aizawa's spine at the thought. "I just- I couldn't go through it again so I ran and I- I went to my homeroom teacher. I was nine I think. I told her about mom, I knew that the punishments weren't normal and I thought that if she knew, she would stop it. But uhm, she-she just laughed at me. She didn't believe me- she called me a liar. Said I was just an ungrateful child for telling such unbelievable nonsense. She called my mom that day and uhm... I never told anyone after that." His hand subconsciously went to the still healing wound on his torso.