Family reunion

Todoroki never thought he'd have friends. His father always warned him about getting distracted. He didn't care though. He was glad to meet them. They are more, his family than his father ever was. They gave him a place to belong to, making him feel wanted, making him feel loved. He wouldn't trade that for the world.

The fire and ice user didn't know what the villain was talking about. Nonetheless, he didn't like it. Because, if they were talking about some priority target, it meant that Bakugou wasn't the only one they were after. It meant one of his friends were in danger.

He thought he knew fear. He thought he knew what it felt like to be scared. Yet, nothing he ever experienced made his blood run cold the way it did when Midoriya stepped up towards the villain. Nothing he ever saw made his limbs freeze up. His heart racing, as he was begging his body to move, to do something, anythingto help his friend. To stop him!

He could only stand there, watching helplessly as Midoriya willingly gave himself up in order to save Bakugou. He couldn't even be surprised, because this was such a Midoriya way of doing. Because of course, His self-sacrificing idiot of a friend would trade himself for another.

It doesn't mean that it didn't hurt. It hurt like hell, seeing him taken away. He could feel his heart clench as Izuku's eyes met his, for a split second before he vanished into thin air. He Could feel the anger that was bubbling inside of him rise to the surface. He wanted to scream, to shout and curse at himself and at the villains. And he did. He screamed, he screamed until his throat felt raw and his voice cracked under the pressure. Why didn't he move? Why didn't he stop him? He let his friend be taken away and he just stood there.

How could he ever be a hero if he couldn't even save the people he loved.

______________________

Shinsou didn't like this, he didn't like one bit. He knew, the moment that Midoriya went alone that it was a bad idea. Villains were attacking the camp for god's sake and he let his friend go out there alone?

He followed the others back to camp, his mind racing with possible outcomes to the situation. He regretted not following Midoriya out into the forest. He wanted to, he was going to. However, Iida, ever the voice of reason, told him not to. Shinsou didn't know where Midoriya was off to and they couldn't have another student wandering the forest alone.

It wasn't until later that night, that he found out just how wrong he was not to follow Midoriya out into the woods.

It was hours later when the students started to trickle back in, that he got the news.

He watched as one by one, his new classmates, made it back. Thankfully, No one was hurt really bad. Some of them looked worse for wear but none of them seemed to be seriously injured.

The only ones that were still missing were Aizawa, Midoriya, Todoroki, Shoji, Tokoyami, and Bakugou.

He waited, his eyes trained on the woods ahead of them as he looked for any sign of their arrival. His anxiety was beginning to overwhelm him as his mind wandered to the never-ending possible reasons for his friends and teacher to be still out there.

The others weren't fairing any different, all of them were showing different signs of nervousness and anxiety. Iida was switching between calming the others or giving some of them reassuring speeches. Shinsou wasn't sure if they were meant for them or for the boy himself. Uraraka, on the other hand, was pacing back and forth, all the while mumbling under her breath.

She was the last one to see the missing group. From what he gathers, they were trying to get back Bakugou from the villains. He hopes that they succeeded. He didn't particularly like the blonde's explosive personality but he didn't want the teen to be taken either.