Show her... show the world

Izuku found himself wondering the halls of the stadium aimlessly. He just needed to get away from everything. To be by himself for a little while in order to process the newly acquired information.

Todoroki was like him. He was being hurt and abused just like him. He didn't know how it made him feel. He wasn't alone, someone understood him. However, he didn't want that predicament on anyone. He had sworn to never let anyone go through what he is going through. Never let anyone get hurt like him.

Yet, just coming close to admitting what was happening to him was hard enough. How could he save someone else if he couldn't even save himself?

He could feel the hammering of his heart in his chest, the walls were closing in on him. The air in his lungs getting more and more restricted. He could feel the panic attack that was threatening to overtake him.

He leaned against a wall and slid to the floor. Squeezing his eyes shut, He tried to suppress the tears that threatened to fall. He failed miserably. The tears were flowing freely, it hurts. It hurts so much to think about it. What about actually almost saying it out loud for once?

With Shinsou, he didn't have to actually say it. The boy already knew about it. However, Todoroki had seen his scars and was witness to Izuku's momentary slip up about his past. He came so close to admitting it. He couldn't though, could he?

He was nothing more than a pathetic coward, he couldn't even gather the nerves to actually say it out loud. How could he possibly help Todoroki? Izuku took deep shuddering breaths as he sobbed.

He was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he didn't hear the telling sound of somebody's footsteps approaching.

"Midoriya... What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" A familiar voice startled him. "Come on man, tell me what's wrong. Should I call recovery girl?" Kirishima crouched down next to his sobbing friend, hands hovering, reaching out but not quite knowing what to do.

Izuku hastily wiped his tears on his sleeve but Kirishima had already seen him if the barely contained concern in his voice was any indication.

He pulled up the most convincing smile he could muster and looked up towards his red-haired friend.
The look of sincere and earnest concern in his friend's eyes was overwhelming, to say the least.
He tried not to cry again as he looked at him. He was going to make up an excuse but whatever he was going to say never made it out. His speech promptly cut off by the sudden embrace he found himself in. Kirishima pulled him into a crushing hug.

Warm and safe. These were the words he would use to describe this particular sensation his friend was emitting. He couldn't help but feel disappointed when he pulled away.

"I'm sorry about that." The redhead said, his hand coming up to rub the back of his neck in a nervous gesture. "It looked like you needed it." He beamed at him, his smile sharp and toothy.

"Th- thank you Kirishima. I really did." Izuku's voice cracked with emotion.

"Do you want to uh... do you want to talk about it? Kirishima asked hesitantly, not wanting to make the smaller boy uncomfortable.

"I- not- Not really... I uh- thank you. You already helped me there." His eyes drooped, the exhaustion from his previous challenges and the tiring confrontation with Todoroki finally catching up to him.

Kirishima seemed to realize that. His next words proved that.

"You know if you want to... You can take a small nap, you look really tired and I'm sure it will help. So you feel a bit more relaxed in your upcoming match! I can sit here and make sure to wake you up when the times come for you to get ready." The redhead offered brightly.