III - Day 1: Players

Silence hung upon us, and as the woman gently put a sticker in my forehead, a grimace suddenly curved in her lips, "I'm just kidding, Sphene." Zeus abruptly pulled me in his direction while Darren politely asked for permission to inspect the entire booth.

The woman, whom I do not know, exited the booth while we went beyond the room we are located. The three of us exchanged glances as three humongous boxes welcomed us.

"Talk about creepy," Darren mumbled.

I just shrugged at him and went to the middle, and at the corner of my eyes, I saw Zeus going to the right box, which leaves Darren to the left.

And even though I was befuddled, I remained still and opened the box.

Bumungad sa akin ang isang katerbang mga tarot cards. Tiyak akong nangongolekta na siya ng mga ito bago pa lamang siya tumapak sa eskwelahan na ito. At habang isa-isa kong tinitingnan ang mga baraha ay hindi pa rin nakatakas sa gilid ng aking mga mata ang paghakbang ni Zeus palayo sa malaking kahon sa harap n'ya.

Hindi maipinta ang mukha ni Zeus nang lumingon ako sa kanya, tila siya ay may nakaharap na kagimbalgimbal. Nang magtama ang mga mata namin, tila nangungusap ang mga ito na tulungan ko s'ya.

Dahan-dahan akong naglakad patungo sa pwesto ni Zeus na may halong kaba ngunit nang lumapat ang tingin ko sa loob ng kahon ay kusang kumawala ang bungisngis sa aking mga labi.

Zeus's blood rushed on his face. He's embarrassed! And when I was about to close it because I was feeling sorry for Zeus, the stupidest person to exist in this world, bumped into the box, making the underwears scattered on the ground, and a single piece landed on Zeus's head.

"Oops." Darren pursed his lips and slowly gave Zeus a peace sign.

I heaved a sigh and removed the underwear on the top of his forehead because I might think that he is dead or just a mere statue.

"Dude... I'm really sorry," Darren pleaded. His eyes immediately drifted to the box, which remained still.

The underwear scattered around, but how can the box remain still?

Darren knocked inside the box, and we noticed that there was a compartment hidden below. He lightly slid the wood, and the other side of the box appeared. Inside of it was a notebook.

Bigla na lamang hinigit ni Zeus ang likod ko at inagaw ang notebook kay Darren saka iyon nilagay sa loob ng bag ko, "Paano kung personal diary n'ya 'yan?" tanong ko ngunit hindi man lamang niya ako pinsansin at pinagsiksikan do'n ang notebook.

Samantalang sinimot naman ni Darren ang bumagyong mga underwear saka binalik iyon sa box. Nahihiya akong tumingin sa baba nang magpaalam kami sa kanya dahil may dalawang magnanakaw ang kasama. Mga magnanakaw ng notebook.

When we finished inspecting all the booths, the two decided on their and pulled me in their plans. We went back to the Celestial Kingdom and noticed that the others are still not done with their tasks.

I gritted my teeth as I gaze upon Darren, who was pulling me to his room, "Let's check the notebook," he said. I was about to fly into a rage when Zeus suddenly covered my mouth and pushed me inside.

Darren aggressively turned the pages but didn't see anything, and when he was about to give up, a piece of paper suddenly detaches from the notebook.