XXX - Game Masters

“You didn’t die, Scarlett. You’ve just logged out from the game.”

I quizzically looked at him. My mind still can’t keep up with his sudden information. And it doesn’t make sense, especially that I saw and felt myself dying.

My eyes were locked on his when I felt everything beginning to blur. The pang in my head was suddenly unbearable.

“Finally… Welcome back, Aquarius.”

Damn.

Damn.

How could I forget those damn things?

How could I lose my memories before DANIMA even existed?

“Scarlett… Gala tayo…” I looked and saw Thalia closing one of the books I was reading.

I languidly rolled my eyes at her went back into reading. My professor gave us two readings, the first one is the De Anima, and the other one was On the Soul.

But I wasn’t studying just to get good grades. I am also interested in the conscious mind because it might give me a clue what is happening to my brother, who was fallen into a comatose state.

“Stop bothering her, moron.” Hunter hissed to Thalia. My eyes passed through Hunter when I saw Clover, who just entered the Celestial Kingdom from the grocery. And I can see the packs of Potchi in it.

Napansin ko ang biglang pagtabi sa akin ni Darren. Isa pang panggulo. “You’ve been obsessed with Aristotle’s study lately…” sabay kuha n’ya sa On the Soul kong libro.

Kukuhanin ko sana iyon sa kanya nang bigla n’ya iyong binasa. Pinagagana n’ya ba ‘yong utak n’ya?

Nagulat na lamang ako nang humarap s’ya sa akin na may kasamang ngisi, “This one is actually a pretty cool concept…”

I heaved a sigh and went back to reading again.

“Umalis ka nga d’yan sa tabi ni Scarlett-chan. Ang pangit mo sa view,” dinig kong sambit ni Zayn. Paano ba naman ako makakapagaral sa mga ‘to?

“Scarlett! Pansinin mo ako!” Pangumgulit ni Darren, inis ko s’yang dahil hinihigit n’ya ang braso ko, “Gagawa ang akong virtual reality game!”

If I remember it right, their department’s final requirement was a game, and they were given a month to finish their task. I grimaced at him. Doing a simple mobile app would be a hassle for a month. How could he think of making a virtual reality game?

Dumb head.

Clover suddenly flicked his forehead, “A month, moron. Do you think you could actually do it?”

But if he is going to use the concept of De Anima and On the Soul, I might as well help him with his stupidity.

If he is going to follow Aristotle’s concept, then I might get the chance to talk to Kuya Lance, if ever that the only thing needed to his game was our conscious mind. And then that idea could actually be helpful to wake him in his slumber.

Nilingon ko si Darren at kinuha ko sa kanyang kamay ang libro ko saka tumayo.

“I’ll help you with your stupidity.” I smirked. Zeus suddenly pulled me away from Darren when he gasped at me, and the twins suddenly wrestled him.

Napangiwi na lamang ako nang bugahan ni Zach si Darren ng tubig.

“Tangina ka! May kanin-kanin pa!” Inis na hinagad ni Darren ang kambal na bigla na lamang tumakbo palayo sa kanya.