XIII - Zip Zap

“Ang landi-landi ha. Sabunutan kita d’yan, girl.” Sinamaan ko s’ya nang tingin dahil kanina pa s’ya nanggagago. Hindi ko na nga siya iniimikan e.

Inirapan ko na lamang s’ya saka ako tumabi sa sofa kasama si Hallie. Kitang-kita pa rin ang mga bakas ng katangahan ni Amanda sa kanya at mabuti na lamang dahil sabado bukas at wala kaming pasok.

“Napak—”

“Shut the fuck up, Hunter.” Gigil kong pinisil ang throw pillow ko habang nakatingin sa TV.

Kung hindi lang ako naaawa kay Hallie, hindi talaga ako sasama sa pag-aaya niya ng movie marathon.

“Shut the fuck up, Hunter.” He repeated. I angrily hissed at him and went to the kitchen.

I thought that I would be finally at peace, but he suddenly followed me and started copying what I was doing. I am preparing a hot chocolate for myself while glaring at Hunter because he is so fucking annoying right now.

“Stop copying me!”

“Stop copying me!”

I angrily hissed at him, “I hate you!” And left him in the kitchen. After that, I went back to my seat and put a pile of pillows on my other side, where he was sitting earlier.

And when he came back, Hunter was amusedly looking at me. The other zodiacs can’t even focus on what we are watching, but because of Hunter and I, they can’t even focus on the television.

Hunter suddenly kicked the pillows and sat beside me while grinning. Mas lalo akonv napabusangot sa pinapanood ko, hindi ko alam kung anong trip n’ya sa buhay at ako ang pinagtitripan n’ya pero isang-isa na lang sasakalin ko na talaga s’ya.

After a moment of being silent, I was mesmerized by the movie. It was already in its half, and because of that, half of the squad, even the one who insisted on watching the film, are now sleeping.

Zayn, Zach, Darren, Zeus, Maddie, and Hallie are now eliminated in our night battle. And I can’t even move my shoulder because Hallie was using it as her pillow.

Nang igala ko ang mga mata ko ay nakita kong makayakap sina Zayn at Zach, hindi ko alam pero may Hikaru at Kaoru vibes sila. I should probably stop shipping boys to boys.

I heaved a sigh and looked at the nachos in front. Kahit na gusto kong abutin ‘yon ay hindi ko magawa dahil kay Hallie.

Nagulat na lamang ako nang kuhanin ni Hunter ‘yon, “Gusto mo?” Tatango pa lang sana ako nang muli s’yang nagsalita, “Luh, asa ka.” Sana mamamatay ka nang maaga.

“Kingina mo.”

“Kingina mo.” Panggagaya n’ya habang iniingit ako sa kinakain n’yang nachos, “Austin.”

Lumingon sa amin si Austin saka n’ya tinuro si Hallie na mahimbing ang tulog sa gilid ko. Nang tumango si Austin ay lumapit ito sa amin at dahan-dahan na binuhat si Hallie, para bang gumaan ang pakiramdam sa balikat ko.

All of a sudden, Hunter put the plate of nachos above the pillow in my lap. When I was about to take a bite, he suddenly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, and then he let my head rest on his shoulder.

“Stay,” Hunter whispered.

I don’t why, but I somehow felt embarrassed, and instead of looking at him. I decided to watch the movie. It was already our third movie for tonight, but among the movies we watched. This one has the most important message to all.

Fireproof was a romance movie which was emphasizing the people’s relationship with God. It explained the struggle of a married couple and showed the difference of having God as the center of a relationship to the latter.