X - Guild Invitation

All eyes are locked on our professor’s charismatic figure, not only because he is one of the best, but because of his good-looking face in spite of his age.

I heaved a sigh and looked at my watch. This will be my last subject for today, and aside from that, today is an examination for our persona, which I’m lucky enough not to take. Being the top scorer in the Rook Department have perks; not only could I get exempted from our examination, but I can also do what I want for the day.

On the other hand, Mr. Romualdez’s homeroom subject was Experimental Psychology, though, in this subject, we often study experimentations from the past. Some studies are actually beneficial in the field of psychology, yet on the contrary, some were illegally conducted in which made most people traumatize.

“I am assuming that you all still remember what we studied last year in All about Psychology, right?” Mr. Romualdez asked. Most of my classmate responded to him, but I was lazy enough to lip-sync my response.

Gustuhin ko man na humikab sa klase ay hindi ko magawa. Kanina pa ako inaantok dahil masyado akong abala kagabi na aralin ang soul ko at pinag-eksperimenuhan ko ang mga Zodiacs.

“Then, let’s drop our topic about Milgram Experiment. And looked back in the past, can someone tell me who Aristotle is?”

Nakangiting inikot ni Mr. Romualdez ang mga mata n’ya nang may bida-bidang nagtaas ng kamay, bago tumingin si Mae upang sumagot ay pinanliitan muna n’ya ako ng mga mata. Matalino rin, ramdam n’yang binabash ko s’ya.

“As one of the first salvos in the debate between nature and nurture that influences many academic disciplines, including psychology, sociology, education, politics, and human geography, Aristotle’s psychology included a study into the formation of the human mind. Unlike Plato, Aristotle believed in nurture, stating that the human mind was blank at birth and that educating and exposing the individual to experiences would define the formation of the mind and build a store of knowledge.”

Tumango-tango pa si Mr. Romualdez na parang tanga sa sagot ni Mae at dahil sa tagal ko nang nakakasama si Mae at bukod do’n ay bida-bida talaga siya ay may pahabol pa ‘yan.

“Aside from that, Aristotle introduced the soul as ‘the actuality of a body that has life,’ where ‘life’ refers to the ability to sustain oneself, grow, and reproduce.”

Well, in fact, I cannot argue with her answer kahit na bida-bida s’ya. Everything has deeper meanings in our field. In psychology, the soul has always been a long-term subject so is the body. For instance, it is said that a body without a soul is just a lump of meat; it is only seen as property.

“Very good, Mae.” Mr. Romualdez started to roam the classroom while tapping his fingers in his arm, “Now, tell me who Sigmund Freud is?”

Marami ang nagtaas ng kanilang mga kamay hanggang sa tumawag ng isang lalaki si Mr. Romualdez, “Sigmund Freud established psychoanalytic theory. While his ideas were considered shocking at the time and continue to spark debate and controversy, his work had a profound impact on various disciplines, including psychology, sociology, anthropology, literature, and even art. He also believed that behavior and personality were the results of constant and unique interaction of conflicting psychological forces operating at three different levels of awareness: the preconscious, conscious, and unconscious.”

“Thank you, Tyron.” Mr. Romualdez smiled. Nang makabalik s’ya sa unahan ay agad akong napangiwi, sumusulyap siya sa akin dahil upang mapadasal na lamang ako sa utak ko.

‘Wag ako, please!

“So, Scarlett.” Tangina ka, Sir. Sabing ‘wag ako.