5

Jeongin woke up with a jump. He was startled by the janitor tapping on his shoulder. He picked up his phone and saw that it was 6 o'clock and the school was about to close. He picked up his bag and bowed to the janitor and headed out of the school. It was starting to get dark and jeongin was getting hungry. His parents hardly made food and when they did they never made enough for him. He took a little detour and went to a near by café where he usually goes to eat. He walked through the door and the bell chimed.

"Hey jeongin!" He turned his head around and saw jisung whipping down a table. He gave him a small smile and sat at the table he had finished cleaning.

"What would you like?" Jisung asked taking out his notepad.

"Um what I usually have." He said giving the boy the right amount of money. Jisung gave him a smile and a hair ruffle before he walked off to place jeongins order. A few minutes passed and jisung came back with a sandwich, a cookie and water. He placed down the tray and sat down. Jeongin gave half of his sandwich and cookie to jisung as usual. They talked and ate and by the time jisungs break was over jeongin finished eating. They gave each other a hug and jisung went back to work. It was now 7:45 pm and jeongin decided he didn't want to go home yet. He walked out of the café and went to the park. He sat on a bench and closed his eyes until he heard some yelling. He opened his eyes and saw hyunjin was yelling at some guy on the basketball court. Jeongin then saw hyunjin punch the guy in the face and they started fighting. He wanted to help but knew it would be better if he stayed back. After a while hyunjin knocked the guy out and left him on the floor. Jeongin watched the guy on the floor until he too got up and left. The boy then looked at his phone and saw that it was already 9 and he still had school in the morning. He soon arrived at his front door and slowly opened it not wanting to wake up his parents. He walked in and was greeted with a harsh slap in the face.

"Where were you? We were worried sick?" His father yelled at him but Jeongin knew he didn't care and just wanted to hit him. He looked up at his father and started to walk upstairs but was dragged back down to the floor. He laid there and grunted in pain as his father kicked him and his mother watched him. After a few minutes his father stopped hiring him and dragged him to the basement and locked him in there. Jeongin cried on the cold floor until he saw a broken piece of glass in the corner. He walked over to it a picked it up. Just do it! No one would care! He slashed his wrist and collapsed on the floor then he did it again and again until he was covered in blood. He sat there cold, tired and in pain. He soon fell asleep covers in blood, sweat, and tears.