Truths

______
⚠️some abuse and mature content⚠️
_____

After Alastor's small melt down you brought him upstairs and laid him in bed you turned off the lights and walked through the empty mansion, it was a bit odd considering that you were always by Alastor's side, his precious little shadow he liked to call you that up until then you'd realize this was the first time you'd be able to really look at his home in finer detail. In the living room sat a cold presence by your side you slowly looked over and saw that it was James sitting beside you stealthy.

"Hello my lady. How are you this evening? Is he doing well?"
"Do you always linger around after hours?.."
"Yes. It's my job to be fully aware of the mansion at all times, when Alastor is in a state of distress the house's defense fields go down with him, he breathes life into these walls you know.. like I know how you'd love to make sense of who is truly is as a person."

He spoke with an eloquence, sharp and very matter of fact, the man knew what you were thinking before actually stating your intentions.

"H-how did you know?"

He shrugged looking unapologetic.

"When a person is confused they tend to release fear, I pick up on that fear and use it to my advantage it's just something I can do."
"But I'm not scared. I have no reason to be."
"Don't lie, it doesn't suit you well. Being here.. being shoved into this situation very quickly is terrifying. When have you gotten good sleep? When have your needs been met? When have you been able to walk around and not worry what his psychotic ass would do next to you? You. Are. Fear."

He stood up to look outside at the woods as the moon lit it partially, his hands behind his back as he stood tall and confident continuing to speak.

"Alastor is traumatized by his childhood.. that still isn't an excuse for his behavior but he can't control that. I am truly sorry you are here but you do make Alastor so happy it's really a double edged sword.."

He walked around to your side and sat down, his expression was melancholy and disappointed. "I can show you, if you'd like." Your brow furrowed as you looked at him. "What is there to show? What do you mean." A slip for his hand he tapped your head and in a second the world faded, it felt like you were being sedated or being drugged. This feeling made you unbelievably sick, the sharp slight pokes could be felt all over your skin and through some of your clothes.

Grass.. this feeling was unkept, dead grass, the world came back brighter than ever. The world didn't stop, kids on bikes with adorable outfits, dogs running among the children of lounging around, women in tight summer dresses that came in different verities in shapes and sizes looked stunning. Not to mention how the houses were almost hugging each other in this neighborhood. You'd get up slowly dusting off the grass from your dress and look up at the horror house, it was shut off by an old metal wired fence with a big sign. "Beware of dogs."

"There you are."- the sudden voice belonging to James would make you jump 4 feet in the air with surprise.
"James. You scared the devil outta me. Where are we.. how did we get here? Can these people see us?"

He shook his head. "No my lady, we are dead remember? And this is all distant memories of Alastor's life as a living person." You recoiled as you turned to look at the people, men in their cars and women with the children outside, some little girls sitting on their mother's laps as they would get intricate braids and beads, the lively hood of the community made you feel welcomed for such a time period.