Home.

𖤐
_____

An hour or so passed as the group talked of what was to come, as visiting hours closed James and Diamond said their goodbyes, before leaving James handed Alastor a new cellphone storing it in his pocket, the two undercover demons returned to hell while Alastor and you wait until tomorrow morning to leave the human realm.

"Alastor.. what will we do?"
"Stay out of it. There's nothing you can do and worrying about it won't help.. you're already bent out of shape as it is now." You scrunched your nose as he spoke. "Don't speak to me like that. I have every right to know. My life is in danger and so is my children's lives. This is your mess anyways you wanted this." You raised a pointed finger as he stared you down.

"Hold your precious tongue dear." He sneered as he moved your hand. "Oh reminds me. You know what Lucifer informed me on?" Alastor sighed and rubbed his eyes seeming to be annoyed. "Oh dear satan I can never catch a break with you.."

You scoffed. "The nerve you have Alastor really. You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself what a lousy excuse of a husband you are, really? Praying on me and causing all of this? Didn't read the fine print before making a deal with Lucifer himself did you? You of all people, high and mighty radio demon." He faced the wall letting it all sink in thinking.. continuously thinking of everything and where it went wrong before snapping.

"How do you think I feel? Huh? Do you think I'm not continually thinking of how badly I fucked up? How I dragged an innocent soul into this horrid mess of a selfish decision that I made after having a whole bottle of whiskey and scotch?" His red eyes seeped through his fake persona as he tried his hardest to not explode with anger. His uncontrollable raging temper sent him spiraling into insanity whenever things reminded him of his careless errors but it was good to watch him struggle and suffer a fraction of damage.

"You can't keep ignoring this.. we need to talk about this other wise there's no point of this marriage.. or whatever you want to call it, what's done is done there's nothing I can do to change these events but talking about it and having you yourself admit to me that what you did was wrong then maybe just maybe we'd patch this big hole and try to move on.." your voice was soft enough to be heard as he took a deep breath and turned around. "Is that really what you want?" You stared at him. "It's what's right, what I want can't be achieved unfortunately but this is the circumstances we're in, I have to make the best choices with what little I have."

He bent down seating himself in the chair looking down at you, his hand resting on your arm as he took a deep breath, "I'm no good with words.. I'm a coward, a soulless man who craved for something to fill this void inside of me and doing what I did to you.. at the time I thought it was my only hope my only way to obtain what I wanted.. I really realized that it's not right." You stared at him with glossy eyes as he spoke trying your best to not break down."

"My alternative motives shouldn't have involved you nor influenced me with the way I treated you.. I should've been better and to not make excuses.. I can't help the way I treat you." You raised a brow questioning his statement. "You can't or you won't? Nasty habits die hard I suppose." "(Y/n) I cannot control this behavior sometimes it's complicated it's what Lucifer took from me that prohibits my sense of control.."

You looked at him slightly trying to grasp with what he's saying but you only nodded and yawn. "Alight.. let's just start over essentially.."

***

The busy times outside the little hospital room never stopped, it was bright again alastor had fallen asleep in the chair with his hand propping his head to the side, one of the previous nurse's came in silently. "Good morning Mrs. Hughes, how are you feeling today?" Her blue eyes scanned the room before clicking her pen and got ready to jot some notes down.