Chapter 2:

After packing all through the night, Elsa was finally ready to leave early the next morning.
Calling upon Nokk, her horse, she was about to climb on when all of a sudden, a familiar zipping noise filled the air and she felt a searing-hot creature in her palm.
She winced but smiled down as Bruni, her salamander friend, cooled himself and snuggled into her hand.
Shaking her head, she laughed and set him back on the ground.
"I'm afraid you can't make this journey with me Bruni, who knows what mischief you'll find in a village of mostly wood."
But if the lizard knew what she was saying, he gave no indication and licked his eyeball with his tongue.
Standing up, Elsa quickly made a batch of fresh snow for Bruni and climbed upon her horse as he frolicked in his new gift.
Taking off, Elsa flew down the country side, towards the coast.

The palace was a flurry of bustling people running every which way when Elsa arrived.
Servants and civilians rushed about to finish putting up the last of the decorations.
From the looks of everything, it would be a big one tonight as well, for she could already see ships pulling into the harbor.
Without hesitation, Elsa tried to lend her powers anywhere that needed help.
She had just finished refreezing a melting ice sculpture of their parents in the town center, when she heard a familiar squeal.
Turning around, she was just in time to catch Ana as she launched herself into Elsa's arms.
Both women giggled and Sven ran up as well, giving Elsa a long lick across the face.
"Ewww, Sven!"
Elsa shrieked, causing Ana to laugh even more.
"I'm only just so happy to see you",
the high-pitched mocking voice alerted Elsa to Kristoff's presence.
Walking up to the group, he put an arm around Sven and winked at Elsa.
In a much deeper voice he said;
"And I as well Sven, so how did you fair on your travels?"
Elsa shrugged,
"It was a piece of cake, speaking of which there will be cake tonight, no? I'm starving."
Ana giggled,
"What's a celebration without cake?"
Elsa eyed her sister suspiciously,
"A celebration? That's good to hear, your missive has me worried. What is this all about?"
If anything, Ana only smiled brighter and looked up at Kristoff with a questioning glance.
"Should we tell her? I suppose it would almost be rude to let her find out with the rest of the people tonight."
Kristoff nodded his head but replied,
"It's whatever you'd like, I'll go along with whatever you choose."
At this, Ana winked at her sister and whispered not so quietly;
"I wish he was this agreeable about everything else."
Elsa rolled her eyes impatiently while Kristoff scowled playfully,
"Well? What's this big announcement?"
Once more Ana and Kristoff looked to each other and then back at her, blurting out simultaneously;
"We're having a baby!"
Shock hit Elsa.
A baby?
Trying to mask the wave of jealousy that filled her at their words, she smiled brightly and rushed to hug both the expecting parents.
"I can't believe this! I'm so happy for you both, I know you've been wanting this for a while Ana."
But when Elsa pulled away, all she could see was worry on Ana's face.
"Yes, we are both so happy, but I know this is something you have dreamt of even before me."
Elsa forced a bright smile,
"And my time will come. For now I'll be the best Aunt in the world to what I'm sure will be the cutest baby in the world."
At her words, Ana brightened to her cheery self again and a sense of relief washed over everyone.
Kristoff muttered something about checking on a friend, however, so he and Sven soon left.
Elsa too said she needed to get settled and help with planning for tonight, but before she left, she hugged Ana close once more.
"Mother and father would be so proud of you, I just know it."
A tear escaped down Ana's cheek at Elsa's words.
"You think so? They would have been the best grandparents."
Standing straighter, Elsa touched Ana's chin and raised her face.
"I know so. You were always meant to be a mother Ana, and mother and father would have agreed. Now enough of this, we are supposed to be celebrating."
With a wink, Elsa pushed Ana in the direction of the palace.
"Go, get ready for tonight, I'll make sure everything is taken care of."
Ana smiled;
"Your the best, I'll see you tonight!"
Elsa watched as Ana turned to walk away and savored her words.
Not very long ago, Ana hated her and Elsa couldn't blame her as she had nearly shut her completely out.
Never again did Elsa want to waste time when it came to Ana, especially in almost losing her to Hans.
No, she would honor the chance to be an Aunt, even if that was as close to having a child as she was ever able to get.
Live vicariously and what not.
Trying not to let a foul mood overtake her, Elsa went back to helping around Arendelle.