Chapter 14

Jack didn't sleep at all that night, not that he really needed to sleep physically anyway.
The downside to being able to go without sleep for months was that he had more time to think about pressing matters.
All of this was getting really complicated and fast.
Now that he was a glorified babysitter, he'd need to think about what course of action was best for both him and Elsa.
He was used to only having to think for one.
Already they'd lose precious time as Elsa couldn't fly with him.
He could possibly carry her while flying in an emergency but he doubted they would get far.
Her little water horse would also be useless if they took the path he knew she'd want to take.
Ultimately she'd want to cross the forests and mountains to get to the other side of the coast.
A plan Jack would have also normally chosen since it was the fastest route.
However it was also the most dangerous. Untold creatures, characters and dangers lurked in all those woods, so following the coastal route would be way safer even if it tacked on an extra couple days to their commute.
This was again all added to the fact that she would only be walking and he'd have to slow down his pace to keep watch on her.
He was not used to taking orders, waiting on others, and overall being unproductive so this all was frustrating to say in the least.
As he continued to think on a plan, he finished packing the things he brought and turned to survey the room he had borrowed.
Everything looked tidy so he made his way out.
It was not even light outside but he had already decided after his talk last night with Kristoff that he would;
1. Leave as early as possible and forgo saying goodbye to their highnesses as that would just waste time.
2. Leave quickly enough to ditch Elsa, saving both him and her from the headache they would surely cause each other.
Wishful thinking right?
Everything was going according to plan so far.
As he left his room, he tiptoed down the hall, trying not to alert anyone else.
As he neared Elsa's room, he glanced at the bottom of the door only to see no light spilled through the gap.
Excellent.
His spirits lifted, this may not be so bad after all.
He got all the way to the castle gates before doubt began to creep in.
This all seemed... too easy.
Just as he opened the gate that led into the village, a shadow moved in his peripheral.
Not thinking twice, Jack immediately lunged only to feel himself grabbing a slim waist.
The scent of lavender hit him too late as he turned to roughly pin the intruder against the stone of the castle wall.
However as soon as that lavender scent and feminine exhale hit his senses, he knew who it was.
Damn.
With one hand still holding her in place, he grabbed and lit a match with his other to illuminate the scene.
Elsa wore a smug grin, this was surprising only because he had shoved her hard enough against the wall to definately make a hardened soldier cry.
Yet the only look that marred her face was one of victory.
Great, even now he could barely keep irritation at bay.
"Going somewhere Jack?"
Finally, he released her and scowled.
"What the hell Elsa? I could have seriously hurt you."
She shrugged, not perturbed in the least by this, but seemed to wince as she moved forward from the wall.
"Hopefully you'll learn to be more observant next time."
This only infuriated him more.
"Hopefully you'll learn not to sneak around in the dark anymore."
Now it was her turn to get angry.
"Oh like you were? Seriously the double standards are getting old. Next time you want to leave without me, remember that I'm usually one step ahead of you."
With this, she passed Jack and began walking towards the village.
Jack huffed and rushed to catch up with her.
"And where do you think your going? We haven't even decided on a path yet."
Elsa didn't bother to turn or stop at this, she simply called over her shoulder,
"The mountains of course, where else? It's 3 days faster than any other route."
Jack responded,
"Yes and 3 times more dangerous, haven't you heard of the felons and outlaws that like to dwell there?"
Finally he caught up to her when she replied,
"What? Jack Frost, Guardian of winter is scared of some woods? It's amazing you've lasted as long as you've had in your situation."
Jack silently rolled his eyes.
So far this was a disaster, but it was in that moment an idea hit him.
He was going about this all wrong.
If he made her miserable enough she would just quit on her own.
Hopefully soon enough that they weren't too far from Arendale at that point as well.
A grin slowly spread on his face as he stared at her form walking ahead.
This was still salvageable.

*Note:
Fun fact guys, the picture I chose for this chapter is what I lowkey think a real life Elsa would look like, isn't it perfect?
She could totally be cast to play Elsa if Disney ever did a live action movie version :0