Chapter 7

Trees were falling all around her and solid footing became elusive as the ground began to crack further.
This was chaos.
But still Elsa ran, a determined look crossing her face as she focused on dodging falling objects.
Thankfully she was far away enough from Northuldra to not be worried about this earthquake disturbing the village, she just needed to get out alive.
However, soon the cracks in the ground became too much and she was forced to ice it over.
Shooting Icicles through her fingertips, a solid path began to form and she ran faster.
For a split second, she took it all in.
What in the world had caused this?
As far as she knew, they had not had a serious quake in centuries.
Something had to have brought this on, her senses were acute when it came to the unbalance of nature.
Focusing once more on not being crushed, she soon came to a halting stop at a wall of rock. Looking up, she realized that she had trapped herself.
Behind her and to the sides were falling trees and jagged holes in the ground.
In front, the thick mountain range that bordered the forests.
Desperately, she looked around, trying to see what she could manipulate.
Going back was not an option, she would surely be crushed, but the mountains in front of her were thousands of feet tall and going straight up.
There was definitely no way she could scale them.
She was nowhere near water so Nokk would not hear her call for help.
She wanted to laugh at the irony, here she was worrying about marriage when she wouldn't even live long enough for it to be a real issue soon.
Hearing another crashing sound, she looked up overhead in time to see 3 large boulders, each the size of a small house, falling towards her.
Yeah, marriage was definitely not on her mind now.
Closing her eyes as she had mere seconds left, she waited for the impact of the rocks.
It never came.
Instead of the rocks, she felt a strong arm circle her waist, jerking her to the side right as the rocks crashed down to where she had been standing.
Shock and fear kept Elsa frozen (pun intended ha) for several more moments as the quake began to subside and the dust settled.
Seemingly, just as quickly as it begun, it had stopped.
After more seconds ticked by, she slowly opened each eye, peeking out towards the landscape.
Hearing relative silence once more after all the crashing was another shock.
She was probably dead, she thought, and the trauma of it all made her imagine being rescued.
Looking around her clearly now, she was not prepared for the sight in front of her.
The magnificent forest that she admired only moments ago was now leveled, flat as a field, with no trees left standing as far as the eye could see (which was only about a mile though).
And where there were no fallen trees littering the ground, giant icy chasms gaped into the earth.
She swallowed at the destruction and tried to take several deep breaths.
She had survived though, for which she was very grateful for.
Suddenly as if remembering, she stopped her perusal of the devastation and froze once more. She survived because someone had pulled her out from the path of the falling rocks.
Her eyes now came to rest on the muscular forearm that still remained around her waist. Odd, she couldn't even feel it's weight.
It was then she realized that she was also leaning against someone as well.
A hard someone.
Terrified, her eyes slowly came up to rest on none other than Jack Frost.
The feeling of being terrified, though, soon morphed into confusion as he grinned sheepishly down at her.
Elsa turned so that she could fully face him, still in the protective circle of his arms.
"Jack...?"
"Elsa."