Chapter 4

In the end, Elsa decided to take Nokk and ride back to Northuldra that same night.
She reasoned she had no other need to stay, was quite tired and knew Ana and Kristoff would appreciate some privacy after their busy day.
After dodging Ana's multiple excuses for her to stay, she kissed her goodbye and promised to be back soon.
Riding the river currents instead of on land, as it was faster, Elsa realized she would be home in less than half the time it originally took her to travel down to the seaside town.
As she rode she realized that her haste in leaving not only had to do with being tired etc, but also in having to do with Kristoffs' mystery friend she had met that night.
She wanted, no, needed to know more about him.
Who he was, what he did, where he hailed from and most importantly if he was single.
Shaking her head, Elsa paused her musings. Wait what?
No scratch that, not if he was single but what he was planning to do in the "neighboring town" he so spoke of.
Definately that.
And if anyone needed information on newcomers, Honeymaren was the one to ask. Elsa had realized long ago that the girl possessed some kind of 6th sense when it came to strangers, their agenda, and other useful things like background information.  
As she neared the entrance to the mystical forest that made up Northuldra, her surroundings began to appear more clearly and she realized that dawn had arisen.
She shrugged as Nokk neatly made the switch from water to land.
Worked for her.
For some reason she was not tired in the least now, despite her busy past few days and tonight's lack of sleep.
In fact she would bet that sleep the next night would escape her, possibly until she figured out who Jack was.
She shivered at the memory of the cold aura that had covered her when he was near.
Not since finding the echo that seemed to call to her had she felt such a strong purpose/mission.
Breaking through a batch of trees, she very nearly ran into the woman in question.
Jumping down and dismissing Nokk, she strolled to greet Honeymaren who looked back at her with surprised eyes.
"Good morning", Elsa greeted with a smile.
She tried to appear calm and nonchalant as she didn't want Honey to become suspicious in her uncharacteristic questioning.
It was not everyday, or ever, that Elsa asked about strange and mysterious men.
Rumors were bound to spread if Elsa didn't keep a handle on things from the start.
"And to you as well Elsa, I must say, we weren't expecting you back so soon? In fact, you must have ridden all night to get back here since you had just arrived in Arendelle late yesterday afternoon."
Honeymaren's careful inquisition was not lost on Elsa.
She already knew something was up.
Elsa waved a hand and laughed,
"Oh you know me, I always have somewhere to be and something to take care of."
Honeymaren narrowed her eyes but nodded.
"Well, I'll go tell the others you've arrived so this years harvest preparations can be scheduled."
As she spoke, she began to move away but Elsa reached out and grasped her arm.
"Wait. I had a few questions about a friend of Kristoffs' from the party, someone you possibly know?"
At this, Honey's eyebrows rose but she nodded.
"Of course, ask me anything you wish."
The tension in Elsa's shoulders finally drained, this was going a lot better than expected.
But at the sound of Honeymaren's next words, she realized she had spoken too soon.
Grinning slyly, Honeymaren added,
"I thought you had someone on your mind, tell me what his name is."
Elsa groaned inwardly, sometimes Honey could be worse than Ana.
"Look it's not like that, I just need to know for safety reasons."
Honeymaren chuckled,
"Mhm, definitely."
Knowing it was hopeless, Elsa ignored that and continued.
"He said his name was Jack, specifically Jackson Overland Frost. He obviously was not from around here and said he had buisiness in a neighboring fjord."
Honeymaren nodded but shrugged in the end.
"Can't say I've ever heard of him, odd name. Sounds like he would be from the isles surrounding the mainland, one of the Gaelic ones, but who knows. What did he look like?"
Elsa thought for a moment.
She had no trouble recalling his broad shoulders, beautifully sculpted face, piercing blue eyes or towering height.
The trouble was relaying that information back without sounding creepy and infatuated.
Uh-oh.
Since Honey was still staring at her expectantly, Elsa rushed in response.
"Oh the usual I suppose; tall, strong, decent looking etc."
Honeymaren frowned at this,
"Sorry, it's just not much to go on, you described half the men of Norway which just so happens to include Kristoff in the description."
Elsa laughed nervously, this was a bad idea.
"You know what, I think it will all be ok, he moved on so I'll just have to take his word that he was passing by and not trying to cause trouble for my sister."
Honey nodded empathetically, seemingly appeased by her response as it was well known how obsessive and protective Elsa was when it came to Ana.
Suddenly the idea of her asking after one random newcomer for no purpose other than to be safe was not so far fetched.
"Sorry I could not be of more help, if you think of anything else that's noteworthy, let me know and I'll do some digging."
Elsa smiled genuinely at her friend and pulled her in for a hug.
"Thank you."
As both women released each other and said their goodbyes, Elsa felt her muscles begin to cramp and a headache come on.
Maybe she would need to lie down after all. However, later that evening as Elsa lay down, she found she could not close her eyes.
Not for lack of being tired mind you, but because every time she did, two unmistakable blue eyes seemed to stare right back at her.
Great.