Chapter 9

It didn't take Elsa three days time to get to Arendelle.
She figured a head start would be the most valuable tool in making sure Jack did not continue shaking things up.
Literally.
As soon as she came upon the Northuldra encampment, blessedly in one piece and unaware of the uncoiling drama, she headed straight for her tent to collect her things once more.
This time she would pack better as there was no telling how long this would take.
If she left immediately for Arendelle, utilized Nokk again, and took the waterways, she'd get there in as little as one day.
Two whole days before Jack said he would arrive.
Well all he said was he'd see her then but she hoped he meant that's when he'd get there.
Or it was a trick and he was doing exactly what she was.
Two could play this game.
Determined to not alert anyone, Elsa quietly left the encampment right as the sun began to set.
She'd need to block off the newly destroyed patch of land in case the Northuldran children wandered over.
Hardly any villagers went that way however, so that was good.
The less who knew all about Jack and his dangerous plan, the better.

Jack chuckled as he kept a watch on Elsa.
He knew she'd take the bait and leave early, spurned by his empty words.
The best feeling in the world had to be when people proved him right.
He didn't get why guys always complained about female minds being so complex, to him it was simple.
Give them directions/information so they would do the complete opposite thing.
Reverse psychology or something right? Anyway, he knew it was fruitless in the long run for her.
As he floated easily in the air and rode the wind currents towards the coast, Elsa rode unaware below him.
He had to give her credit though, the whole water horse thing was new to him.
It interested him how alike yet different they were.
She could bend water while he commanded the air.
Tired of lagging, he hopped onto a stronger current that would take him faster.
If she was using the waterways, she'd get there in a days' time.
It was already nearing midnight so he figured he'd get there in say an hour and prepare for the ensuing fight.
So much for her being beautiful.
Pain in his ass was more like it.
Once a princess always a princess though, he wondered how many times people went against her wishes.
Hopefully she'd be so tired from her ride, she wouldent even notice his presence until it was too late, all he needed now was Kristoff.
What he had told Elsa after the quake was true, he gave Kristoff a what-if scenario, masking it as just being curious.
Kristoff had been understandably skeptical at first but then came to the same conclusion he had.
Searching for the spear by hand in a vast forest (largely unpopulated) would take years if at all. Summoning quakes in targeted areas to destroy the spear itself would be way better. Sure some trees would get ruined but they grew back, the destruction the spear itself was unleashing was far worse then the quakes. Already it had summoned winter early in parts of the world, destroying the harvests.
If this continued many would starve.
He was looking at the long run whereas Elsa was obsessed with her precious forest.
If she was so set on fighting him, he figured his last defense besides her family would be educating her.
As if she'd listen.
Finally, he saw the palace in sight but grimaced at the time.
It was far too early to approach the castle, so he looped around to wait until a more decent hour.
This only afforded him more time to think about a certain ice princess.
Great.