Chapter 10

Chapter 10 –

Max’s plan is clear in his mind. First step is for Lawson to get out.

Max groans.

“What’s wrong with you, Manchester?” Andy snaps.

“I’m so thirsty.” Max pretends to be gasping for water.

“I’m pretty hungry actually, Andy.” Joel complains.

“Oh My God, idiots. Ok, me you and Adam can go down and get some food, ok?” He replies condescendingly. “Ryan, stay here. If any of them talk, even the girls, slap them round the face, got it?”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever just go!” Ryan insists.

The three boys leave the room.

“Ryan?” Max asks.

“What now?”

“Don’t you miss that picture of you and your sister? The one you take everywhere with you?”

“Yeah, but I can’t leave. Yes you can! Just go!” Max insists.

Ryan leaves.

“That was easy, anyway...” Max explains his plan to the group. They all agree it’s worth a shot.

“Emma? Emma babe, can you get up please!” Nathan asks prodding at her with his foot that can just about touch her when his body is fully extended.

She’s sleepy and dazed but nods and gets up as fast as she can without falling over. She unties Max’s hands and goes over to Tom but she can hear someone in the hallway. She rushes back and lies down to pretend she’s still unconscious.

Ryan comes in. “They didn’t let me go and get it. Well done, Max! Twat!” He walks over to Emma. “Are you coming round?” He chuckled evilly.

“FUCK YES!” Emma kicks her leg straight up and kicks him where it hurts. He grabs his crotch and falls to his knees in pain. Max uses his rope that used to tie his hands to tie Ryan’s and uses the duct tape in the corner of the room to cover his mouth.

“I swear this room is full of stuff to kill us with.” Max jokes.

“Not the time!” Nathan says.

“Good point!” Max dumps Ryan on the floor and rushes over to Tom first, then Charly then Abigail and unties them all. Emma sits by Nathan to comfort him about the fact that he’s still in chains!

“By the way, you need to wake up Siva!” Emma adds.

Nathan sobs, “He’s dead, Emma!”

“What? I thought he was just bleeding a lot! Fuck....Oh my god!” She hugs Nathan as much as she can without getting tangled in his tight chains. Nathan fills her in on what she’s missed whilst the others search for a key or something to break the lock in the dusty attic.

After seconds of searching Charly finds the not-very well hidden key. She unlocks Nathan and all 3 girls help him get out of the chains whilst Tom and Max moves Siva’s body into darker corner so that he could sit properly and not just be a pile on the floor.

Suddenly, everyone jumped. They could hear the other 3 members of Lawson climbing the attic stairs.

“Oh shit...” Max exclaims.

What can they do?