Of CAT AND GOLDFISH I

Genre: Neighbor theme for Fadie.

This was inspired by some movie. You know when you read.

Having to live alone in a rented apartment in the middle of New York, Sadie was worried about several issues regarding privacy and most importantly, safety

Sadie's landlady did mention that each house was protected with the best break-in protection, and that she didn't have to worry about any burglars at least. Even so, all her neighbors staying in this two-floor rental apartment building had always been close-knitted and warm, and that everyone would offer a helping hand when there was a crisis.

But the landlady had missed out two points.

One. She didn't mention cat burglars.

Two. All the neighbors didn't include the one who was living next to hers.

It was a cool evening when Sadie reached home from her food shopping after her busy day at work. When she unlocked the door to her apartment, everything was all in order like she expected, except for one thing.

A tall lamp by her fish tank had been toppled over. She wasn't all too worried for a moment as she was casually comforting herself like, 'Oh I must have forgotten to close the window and the wind blew by' but what caused her to give a loud shriek a seconds after was a small figure that suddenly dashed towards her in darkness and out of her house.             

She dropped her bags and rushed out, just in time to see a brown cat jumping into the window that was next to hers.

Two seconds later, she heard a yell coming from the same exact window.

A man burst out of the door in an instant, his hand carrying his pillow and a far-too-familiar looking goldfish was resting on it. Before Sadie could stop him when she realized something was wrong, he already gave a tossing gesture something flew out from the corridor of the second-storey building they were stay in.

The pillow was still in his hands. The goldfish was gone.

Sadie slammed her hands on the railings and stared into the ground. Not after one seconds of confirmation, she sprinted into her room, switched on her lights and realized her precious fish tank was indeed missing of one goldfish.

She was too stunned to move.

Meow.

"How many times must I tell you to stop bringing these hideous creatures back home?! God damn it! This pillow is ruined, and it's my favorite one."

She couldn't believe she just overheard such an irresponsible and despicable conversation outside her door, even if it was technically between a human and a cat.

"It's my favorite goldfish too!." Sadie screamed into her tank and stomped out to the corridor again.

The man and the cat stared at her.