OF MOVIE NIGHT

Genre: Movie Night theme.

Saturday night frequently meant Movie Night

Movie Night meant popcorn and watching whatever they felt like watching until they both zonked out on the couch and woke up to find that one of the parental had tucked them in while they slumbered on.

In short, all involved parties were happy.

Well...sort of.

Sadie really wasn't in the best of moods at the moment. It wasn't anybody's fault; she just didn't feel too hot. And the source of her unhappiness was sitting on the other end of the couch, completely oblivious to the fact that she was miserable because of him.

The movie was playing. The lights were dim. The sky outside was darkened with the late hour. They were alone. It would have been perfectly romantic...if one party didn't seem so completely unaware that there was anything that needed to be changed at all. Yet in spite of it all, she just kept on smiling, and discretely observing.

He was watching the movie intently, chuckling at the appropriate moments. It was a comedy, one that he'd been dying to see for quite a while. She didn't want to bother him by speaking when he was so engrossed in the film...Sadie watched him for a minute. There was something she'd come to realize as of late, and she sort of wanted to ask him...if he'd only turn his head...

She sighed.

Who am I kidding?

You'll never look at me.

Not the way I want you to, at least...

"Hey," Finn reached over and tugged lightly on a strand of her hair.

Sadie shook herself back to reality at the word and gesture, and quickly realized that she had been staring—rather obviously. She immediately felt her face heat up.

"W-what?" Oh no, he saw!

Crap...

"Like what you see?" he said with a grin, still tweaking a section of her bangs between his fingers.

Sadie's face was ready to burst into flames.

"Idiot!" she snapped.

"Well, I don't blame you for staring at beautiful ol' me," he said cheerily, tapping her forehead with the tip of his index finger.

"How could you not stare at this face?"

"HMPH!" Sadie whipped around, stuck her nose in the air, and folded her arms in a perfect pout, giving him an excellent view of the back of her head.

"Why in the world would I want to look at you?"

"Have you seen my eyes lately?" he laughed. "They're gorgeous!"