OF COFFEE AND SWEETS I

Genre: Convenient Store Theme

In fact, I was inspired by Finn's latest story, the scattered colorful gummy bears on the bed with his infamous small laugh.

Sadie needed coffee

Sadie needed coffee.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Coffee was screwing up her system, but nonetheless a legal drug that allowed her to pull through all-nighters readings books and books and nothing but books. After folding the corner of the paper to mark the page she stopped, Sadie stood up from the chair she'd spent more time on than her bed and grabbed her keys from the small kitchen counter.

So much for wanting to control her addiction and refusing to buy coffee packets. Oh well, a walk to the 24-hours convenience store could count as a break.

While walking down the stairs of the two-floored rented apartment building, her flip-flops slapped loudly against the metal steps, disturbing the night silence. She wasn't afraid of waking up her neighbors when she knew none of them were probably at home. Being the only university student renting such a secluded and small apartment in the middle of nowhere, her neighbors mostly worked night shifts and returned in the morning. It was the right choice for them since the further the building was away from the city, the lesser the noise and better the sleep during the day. She was the only one at a loss, having to travel even further distance to reach her university, spending more money on bus fares.

Sadie stuffed her hands into her pockets and sighed again; letting the night breeze carry the choices and memories she didn't really want to remember.

The walk took about a few minutes and she finally reached the only convenience store in the district that could satisfy her needs (Not wants, but needs). A robotic chime echoed lightly at the entrance when the automated door opened and Sadie stepped in, feeling the cool air brushing against her face, giving her a little flush to add on to her dead-colored cheeks and pathetic eye bags.

"Hello!" The store-helper, Millie, greeted merrily despite it being the middle of the night.

"The same again?"

"Hey," Sadie couldn't help but mustered a smile, though it was slightly weaker compared to Millie's grin.

"And yes, the same again." In a lonely neighborhood and her apartment building being filled with owl-like humans, it was nice to interact with people who could make her mood turn a bit brighter.

She ambled her way to the end of the store, passing by a few shelves of cookies and chocolates. Finally reaching the coffee machine, she grabbed one of the available cups, stuffing it underneath the dispenser of the machine and pressed her favorite button before watching the dark liquid milking its way out, filling her cup. Her focus was diverted when she heard the faint robotic chime sounded again before the automated door closed. She gulped and glanced over her shoulder, silently praying.