OF TURN AND TWIST

Genre: Alternate Universe/ Cute Pet Shop

"You're a murderer, Uncle Wolfhard."

Finn stared grudgingly at the mess on the ground. A large pool of water was spreading across the marble floor ( He was inwardly thankful the Oleffs' were rich enough to afford marble flooring, which would save him much more effort to clean up, later) and the pebbles, little stones and a bunch of hairy seaweed were sprawled messily around.

It wasn't an accident when he avoided the gaze of the dead clown fishes, which were staring and silently screaming you bloody murderer at him. But it was an accident that this happened, so technically, he would be ruled as manslaughter if someone was going to seek justice for this bunch of hideous creatures. But since he was in this house, the very house that belonged to the greatest actor in New York, it wouldn't be surprising if he woke up tomorrow in a cell after being tranquilized.

"I'll buy you a new one."

"Nothing can replace them!" Brooklyn growled and kneaded her eyes with both fists to stop her urge to cry.

His tricks and persuasions always worked wonders in occasion like this, but he wasn't really in the mood to whip out anything when there's a mess in front of him.

Brooklyn suddenly burst out crying.

Make it two.

Finn pulled the child away from the shattered glass pieces and squatted down to his level. The urge to ruffle her neat wavy hair was strong, but he didn't want to provoke the child even further. Apparently, both father and daughter were pretty conscious with their hair and how that little curly looked.

"I'm really sorry, alright? I didn't mean to break the fish tank." Finn tried to sound sorry, but honestly, he felt sorrier for himself and the scare the CLOWN fishes had gave him.

"I saw you taking out a hammer from the rack!"

"It's a... reflex."

Brooklyn sniffed. "A reflex?"

"Yes. A reflex." Finn knew this kid's small brain was able to understand much more complicated words than this. It was probably the meaning behind the specific word that Brooklyn didn't understand, but there was not a need to explain that.

"You're a murderer."

"Please stop calling me that."

"But it's true."

Finn gave up. He glanced over at the watch Brooklyn was wearing. Wyatt should still be busy with his panel interview somewhere in the city and his ever-loving wife was currently in Los Angeles, helping out her friend's pregnancy issues and wouldn't be back from her plane landed till after dinner. Hence, he was here, doing his dumb baby-sitting duties when he could be practicing for his show next week. They didn't mention anything about setting racks of creepy dolls together with a new tank in the basement, much less having fishes swimming in it. Not like anyone knew about his phobia for clown dolls or anything with CLOWN on it but hey, Wyatt could've at least said something about it. Just a hint would do to make Finn seal the door to the basement and never taking a step in it ever again.