OF RAINY NIGHT

Genre: Random theme

What Sadie liked the best about rain was when it happened at night

What Sadie liked the best about rain was when it happened at night. It made the weather a lot more cooling, and most importantly, it helped to kill the silence that echoed in her room when she tried to sleep. The pitter-patter of the rain continued to hit her closed glass windows, creating a rhythmic melody to hypnotize her to her dreamland.

But for the first time in a while, Sadie couldn't sleep.

The weather felt unusually colder than other rainy nights, until Sadie realized it was because the blanket she was using now was too thin and small to keep her warm. She turned and raised her head to look at the ground next to her bed.

"Finn?"

He didn't answer.

It was Saturday, or technically it was two hours ago. Her clock on the wall showed two in the morning of a Sunday, and thinking about how she had to withstand the cold for at least a few more hours felt like an impossible task for her; the rain and howling wind didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

The original plan (if Sadie even considered it as a plan) was that they would finish their paired math assignments together after dinner. But halfway through it, they watched two spy movies and learnt how to make a dinosaur origami, courtesy of Finn and his sudden interest to watch a youtube video about it.

And then just like that, evening suddenly turned to midnight. And Finn, being too absurdly lazy to walk ten minutes back to his house, decided to sleep on Sadie's cold hard floor. Before she could retort that she didn't have any futon in her house to lend him, he was already unconscious and sprawled next to her bed, and no matter how much Sadie shook him, he wouldn't wake.

She didn't have the strength to lift him up or even roll him out of her door, so having no choice; she tugged a spare pillow under his head and used her thick blanket to cover his body up. She slept on her own bed with an old blanket for the night, which she used when she was just a kid.

Sadie sighed and laid back on her bed. She wasn't sure what the point of calling Finn up was for anyway. She couldn't be telling him that she was cold. What could he even do besides returning her blanket back? There was no way she was going to leave him shivering on the floor.

Shaking her head, she cowered into a ball under the small blanket and forced her eyes close to sleep.

It seemed like a minute or two had passed when Sadie felt one side of her bed sunk and the mattress began bouncing and moving. She flung her eyes open and turned, to find herself staring straight into something pointy. Something angular.

Something likes a jaw.

Finn's jaw.

Sadie blinked, and blinked again. She leaned back with a gasp, to get a bigger and fuller picture of what the hell she was really seeing.