OF COFFEE AND SWEETS II

Genre: Convenient store theme.

Part II

She came the next day, but he didn't

It was the same for the week after too.

"Nope, he hadn't been here for this past week either."

Sadie frowned as she stepped further inside the store and away from the automated door in order for it to close.

"I didn't even ask or say anything."

Millie set the chin impassively on the palm of her hand, giving a light sneer.

"The question is written all over your face."

"No it's not." Her brows furrowed, nearly merging as she purposefully stomped towards the coffee machine without even halting in her steps by the counter.

"Just admit that you've regretted." Millie yelled over the shelves, her voice loud and clear even if Sadie stuffed two cups over her ears.

"Regretting letting that chance go." Millie added.

"You should change your career and be a philosophical lecturer." Sadie shouted back.

"Because I'm awe-inspiring?" Millie grinned.

"Because everyone doesn't understand what you're talking about." Sadie pressed the button, watching her cup filling itself.

Millie straightened her posture with a scowl. Bluntly ignoring Sadie's remark, she continued.

"Remember he said something about going to Las Vegas?" She increased her volume.

"Maybe he already went."

On the cue, the door slid opened again and the robotic chime sliced the silence in the air. Sadie reluctantly turned her head to cast a glance at the door in between the spaces of the tall shelves. Weirdly like some fate, it was the perfect angle to see who it was, but despite the clear view, it took nearly seven seconds for Sadie to register that the man, with his pressed yellow button up shirt and white pants, was none other than the man she didn't realize she was hoping to see after the past one month of absence. His slightly widened eyes welcomed Millie and Sadie's larger ones.

"Finn...?" Millie broke the silence first. "I thought you went to Las Vegas!"

He made his way to the counter.

"And are you hoping I am?"

"You've been away for so long- But anyway, what's with the get up?" Millie slurred teasingly and eyed playfully over at Sadie, who was still struggling to look away from the man.

After two painful long seconds, Sadie finally managed to turn her attention back to the coffee, only to see that it was already filled, the steam moving up from the coffee surface.