OF UNDERCOVER AND SCREWED II

Genre: Police theme

Part II

Finn was pretty much stuck, literally, under a desk that didn't fit his legs properly. Similarly, he was pretty much stuck, literally, in a situation that he might end up dead if he got caught.

He was already in the awkward lying-and-half-sitting position for nearly an hour, yet to be discovered by the gang of criminals clothed in tuxedo and suits, who may or may not have guns on them. It was a hassle to do background checks, though he did regret it at some point when his legs went numb for around five minutes. But all was well, after hearing all the illegal conversations that would end these bunches of dumb shits in jail pretty much soon. That was only going to happen after he got out of this mess first.

Wearing the disguise he copied safely somewhere from some fashion magazine, he scampered from under the table like a hyperactive puppy and made a break towards the door. Everyone was rooted to the ground, numbly shocked by Finn's abrupt appearance, but he got to give them some credit since they reacted fast enough when he was only halfway through his run. He'd thought those muscles had occupied most of the space rather than brain cells.

"Get him! Get that scumbag!" The leader yelled.

As Mike Wheeler again, Finn had disguised himself as a waiter attending the ball event, which was organized to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the insurance company he was planning to put down. Things were supposed to be easy, and he pretty much guessed a bit of alcohol and ton of prides would get boastful people to talk about their accomplishment. But the plan went a little out of control when he was being indecisive in choosing the perfect spot to put the video camera in the secret VIP room, so he ended up hiding under a desk before he could get out to safety.

While Finn continued running to escape, he took off his disguise and lumped the wax mask and the black waiter's coat together and tossed it inside a convenient cleaning cart. Ironically, he was much safer in his true identity, but that wasn't going to stop him from getting out of this dangerous place. The end of the hall was split into two directions, and remembering the blueprints, he knew the one on the left was the correct route to choose if he wanted to get to the ballroom and mix with the crowd, fully shaking his pursuers off his tail. He formed the simple plan in his head and was about to execute it when someone suddenly appeared at the turn of the corridor, knocking right into him as both of them stepped back due to the impact.

Screwed. Beyond screwed.

Why the hell?!

"You-!" Sadie blinked, her mouth hanging open and too shock to continue what she wanted to say.

He couldn't get any words out of his system either when the sound of hasty footsteps was coming towards them. Changing his plans, Finn quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her to the other corridor that was supposed to lead to a dead end. Before she could say anything, he pulled her arm towards him and she fell perfectly into the shape of his body, her face rubbing the crook of his neck and her chest pressing onto his.