OF FIREPLACE AND SNOW STORM (BONUS)

Theme: Romantic and Snowy.

Inspired by some horror flicks.

Sadie burst through the cabin's front door with a vengeance; Finn ran in right on her heels and slammed the door shut to prevent any more snow from blowing in behind them

Sadie burst through the cabin's front door with a vengeance; Finn ran in right on her heels and slammed the door shut to prevent any more snow from blowing in behind them. A thin layer of the white stuff was already dusted across the floor in the entryway.

Finn gave himself a shake, losing more snow to the floor.

"Whew...didn't think we'd make it!" He shivered to punctuate his statement.

"I don't think we'll get to do much skiing, though. The weather's way too bad for it."

She had already gravitated towards a window and was staring out at the darkening sky and the swirling snow. It was already night—it had taken a lot longer than they'd thought to get to the cabin in the first place.

"I'll got you one better—I think we might be totally stuck here for a while. It doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon."

It had been a stroke of luck (or so they thought at the time) to even get there, really.

A friend of Eric Wolfhard had offered them the use of his ski cabin in the mountains, saying that the harried businessman needed and deserved a vacation. Finn had jumped at the chance, inviting Sadie along for the ride. But it had been a twist of fate that had left the poor businessman laid up with a broken leg, and screaming his head off that no, the two teenagers—especially two teenagers who happened to be dating—could not go off to a cabin in the mountains by themselves for a long weekend, thank you very much!

Naturally, Finn didn't listen.

He was starting to wonder if he should have listened, though—at least then they wouldn't have been stranded out here in a raging snowstorm. Still, he thought his father was nuts to protest him and Sadie going there together.

Dating or not, what did he think was going to happen, exactly?

Meanwhile, Finn had started walking around, getting a good look at the cabin itself. It was surprisingly big with a kitchen, dining room, and living room (with a fireplace!) on the ground floor, and a staircase that probably led up to bedrooms on the second floor. Hardwood floors, nice furnishings...all in all, it seemed a very comfortable place to hang out.

Thus satisfied, he nodded in agreement to her earlier statement.

"At least we've got a good place to wait it out." He swung his bag up onto his shoulder and headed towards the stairs.

"Should we check out the bedrooms?" There was just the slightest hint of a lilt in his voice on the last word that suggested many possible uses for the bedrooms.

It was just enough to make Sadie take a swing at him (out of pure habit) before grabbing her own bag and hoisting it. She marched past him, nose in the air.