Pilot part 1

I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness for a moment I forgot where I was, until I hear my mother slam the door downstairs.

   Coming back every night drunk or high was a usual  for her. Well when she did come home. She wasn't just a drunk she was a fucking drug addict .
Never being able to stay clean for more then 2 days.

   My door slightly cracked open, I see a little blonde boy in the little space between my door. My little brother Jake. He didn't deserve any of this he was only 14 He never had a normal childhood like me. When my dad left my mother fell off the wagon even harder. He told her he would leave is she didn't go to Rehab. Instead of going she cheated on my father.

"You can come in J" I spoke softly. He pushed open the door running towards my bed. "Layla needs you she won't stop talking about death and calling for you" he said jumping on my bed. It's pretty sad that a 14 year old little boy refers to his own mother by her first name. I sighed getting outta bed. "Stay here J and try to get some sleep you got school in a couple hours" I grabbed my phone and looked at the time 4:27am it read.

     I slowly made my way downstairs. I could smell the vomit and hear her stupid moans. Honestly the best part of her doing all this shit is the pain she is in. Go ahead and call me cold hearted but this wasn't  my mother.

   "What do you want Layla?" I asked hoping she would say water and then I could go upstairs and back to bed. "Will you lay with me" she slurred. I didn't wanna go near her she was covered in vomit. I sighed "Layla lets get you in the bath I'm going to go start the water". I walked into the downstairs bathroom we weren't rich but my dad did leave me and Jake with enough. He never came around anymore and I don't blame him. I started the water to fill up the bath.

        I walked out into the living room to see her smoking a cigarette. "Layla the bath is ready come on" I took the cigarette from her and took a drag before putting it out. I helped her up making sure for her not  to really touch me. Last thing I needed was to be covered in her grossness. She undressed and I helped her get into the tub . I got her towels and set them down on the counter.

  Before I was about to leave and shut the door I heard her say "why don't you call me mom anymore" I didn't answer how could I tell the women that gave me life I don't call her mom anymore because I wished she wasn't my mother.

    I closed the door leaving her be, walking back up stairs I look at the family photo hanging on the wall. It's the only one we have with me, Jake and my parents.  It was a simpler time for me. Jake can't even remember our dad.

     Every time I bring him up he gets a look in his eye as if he If misses him as much as me .I wish my dad took us with him he's in London right now. Probably with a new family by now.

     He doesn't keep in touch much a birthday and Christmas card every year is all he sends to me and J With a significant amount of money in it . I turned 16 a month ago and he sent me 1000$. My dad loved my mom so much he was a fool for her love.

He did everything he could for her and more.
When she cheated on him his whole world broke into pieces. He left that next morning promising no matter what he will always take care of me and put a roof over my head. He never broke that promise either.

He pays the house bills I pay for the essentials. All the money my mom gets goes towards her drugs and alcohol.

   My mom and dads relationship is the reason I swore to never love another human. I mean look what my mother did to my dad and my dad treated her like a Goddess. I will never fall into that trap.

      I looked at my phone and saw it was already 6:00 damn all that time just flew away. I had to start getting J ready for school. He wasn't totally incapable of getting ready but I always had to keep him on time.

I texted my best friend Luke asking if he could come over as quick as he can it was a 604 situation. Every time Layla came home and Jake didn't get enough sleep Luke would come over and cheer him up before he would drop him off at school.  It became a regular thing so we made a code for it. I also texted him if he could bring a joint or blunt. I needed to get my mind off shit.

Alright let me know what you think so far.
I'm going to update once a day .
The story will get better as it gets longer .
Make sure to comment and vote