Shall we still play hide & seek?

After a couple of hours, everyone was at least awake, although a lot of people were still injured including yourself, but your magic had returned. Looking around a man sat next to yourself and Laxus, you could sense he was powerful. "Laxus, who's your lady friend?" the ginger-haired man commented wiggling his eyebrows at the man you were sat on.

"This...(f/n), my travel companion. Ain't that right, beautiful?" the blonde smirked as you noticed Natsu look over, and you knew with his hearing he could hear the conversation.

"Yeh. We met on the road...nice to meet you. I'm gonna go wait on the beach for you." Standing up Laxus looks at you then to Natsu who's eyes move with the direction you're walking.

"So...you and her hook up?" Gildarts was a womaniser, not that you knew but you were intrigued to see what Laxus would say.

"Nah, we were going to but she said she couldn't due to she needed to be with her mate." He said it loud enough for Natsu to hear as his blue eyes stared that the grey ones of the guy, who needed to at least get you to talk to him.

"Oh yeh! Her mate is a lucky guy. Anyone we know?" the older man smirked as Laxus chuckled.

"Yeh...you do actually and if you look, he is following her right now" Laxus commented as the man turned to see you go through a bush before Natsu followed you into the tree line.

"Wow....didn't think the kid thought about women that way." Gildarts laughed as did Laxus.

"He probably doesn't but she is his mate, so he will with her and only her." The blonde was sad that he would be losing your company on his lonely journey. Before they both began joking together as you tried to vanish from the laughter and joking of the group. 

Still, you hadn't spoken to Gajeel even though he had wanted to come over and Juvia finally came out but was more concerned with Grey, that she hadn't even noticed you back.

Lucy saw Natsu follow you into the woods smiling at Happy "He loooovesss her!" he commented making the blonde laugh before she and Cana started talking about her telling Gildarts he was her dad.

Noticing you were being followed you didn't slow down, as you knew exactly who it was from the scent. "Slow down will ya...I just wanna talk" Natsu groaned fed up of you constantly running from him.

For some reason though you stopped, turning to look at him as he finally managed to look you in the eyes with no one around. To him they were more beautiful than any night sky that he'd seen in his entire life, making him freeze and just stare at you. However, you weren't much better yourself as you gazed into his eyes, not realising that both of you were taking a step towards the other.

Getting closer you noticed how much taller his was than you. Your hand found his linking the fingers with them. Looking into his face it had a rosy glow to it, and if you had a mirror you would notice yours did too.

"What did you want to talk about?" you broke the silence your voice as if it was a siren called to him as he lent down resting his forehead to yours.

"You know what you are to me don't ya?" he looked into your eyes as you nodded in response not able to form words. "Then why do you keep running from me?" he sounded hurt as you sighed.

"Because...you wouldn't want someone like me as you mate!" there is pure sorrow in your eyes as you look away, as all you wanted in this world was for someone to love you.

"Well, why don't you let me decide what I want?" He sounded angry as you looked back at him. "You heard me, why should you make all the decisions and not give me the choice?" he was getting angrier at you, as you stood there saying nothing.

"So, is this what it will be, you constantly running from me...because I will find you every time until you finally realise that we're supposed to be together!" he snapped making you look at him a wave of anger flaring in your eyes.

"Why should it be that way? You don't know me! You don't know what I've done...you go on about it being fate but truly is it...because you would be better with someone nice...like ermm...erm Lucy or Erza...not me...nobody loves me...nobody should...my own dragon left me alone and if it wasn't for Gajeel, I'd still be alone! Nobody needs me!" you didn't even realise you were crying as all the Dragon Slayers in the area heard your words, and how positively broken you were. 

Of course, Laxus knew how desperate you were to be needed.

Natsu pulled you into his arms, stroking your hair as you quietly sobbed, letting everything you've felt since leaving Phantom Lord that day. As your tears began to slow down, Natsu pulled away, forcing your face to look at him.

 "I need you...will you let me get to know you? I won't mark you straight away but when the time is right?" looking into his eyes he smiled "That means, during mating season we shouldn't be near one another until we're ready." He smirked making you laugh like truly laugh. "Hey, don't laugh when I'm being serious!"

"Do you even know how to be serious?" Giggling as he pulls away holding your hand tightly with his larger one.

"No, now will you stop being so damn stubborn and join Fairytail?" he groaned "Because, I will chase you down again, I was close before but always just missed you," he grinned as you sighed as the two of you began walking back to the camp hand in hand.

"I made a promise to Laxus to be his travelling companion though. I cannot break that!" you smile as you would miss the grumpy blonde, who was waiting for you to come back out of the clearing.

"Yeh, short stack. You were cramping my style," the harsh tones of the guy made you glare at him, with the most adorable pout on your lips.

"Oh was I now...If I remember rightly you stalked me down...and made the move on me not the other way around!" you growled then Natsu growled making everyone turn to the scene.

"You made a move on my mate?" his voice was so feral that even Laxus shuddered.

"Yeh, I did pinkie, but don't worry nothing serious happened." With that the man walked off waving as you watched him go "Laters Beautiful, I'll see you again someday. I'm sure, but you know you need to stop running right? You crazy bitch!" the man laughed as you glared at him.

"Whatever, you overgrown lightening lizard!" you yell back as he chuckles before you gasp.

"So...are you gonna join already or are we going to continue our game of hide and seek?" Natsu was glancing at you as you smiled.

"Fine, I'll join you're such a dork ya know. Plus, you better not be clingy I really can't be dealing with that ya know!" you were smiling when you said it as the pink hair guy grabbed you in a hug.

"Whatever, I know you'll love me. It's fate, right?" he smiled as you laughed at him.

"If you think so ya dork!" you giggle as he pulls you into a hug.

"What? I'm not a dork..." he moaned as you grabbed his top bringing his face close to yours shocking a few people.

"Yeh, you are flame brain...a huge dork and..." before you could finish you hadn't sensed him move forward placing a quick kiss on your lips before pulling away. Both your face bright red and even though you had done a lot more with other people, this was different as you let go and walked towards Gajeel.

As Natsu stood there staring as he just did it, like his body move on its own. 'Shit...to clingy...I want another though' he groaned before hearing footsteps running back, before being caught off guard and his whole body feel to the ground. A pair of lips attached to his, that he didn't need to look who they belonged to as he kissed back. 

It wasn't a long kiss as people looked on before you jumped off him, flipping your hair and walking away without another word to jump on Gajeel to catch up. As Natsu sat on the floor his finger swept across his lips, as they formed a huge smile before jumping out of his skin "You LOVVEEEE HER!" his little blue exceed joked. 

***Thank you for reading***