chapter 5

Kushina gushed as she looked at the dress she wanted Naruko to try. It was exactly as she remembered. Simply gorgeous.

"Here, this is what I want you to wear!" she picked it from the rack and showed it at Naruko, who just gasped. It was… terrible! Even worse than she had imagined! It had all the things she hated, the lace, the glitter and damn, it looked tight, would she even be able to breathe in it?

Ok… she simply hated it.

"There is no way in hell I am wearing that thing!"

Her mother gasped, as if she had insulted her and not the piece of clothing in front of her.

"But Ruko! You would look beautiful in it! It matches your eyes!" She pleaded looking at the blue fabric.

Menma just chuckled and whispered in her ear.

"I'll give you twenty bucks if you actually wear that"

"Shut up idiot"

Kushina looked at her daughter with puppy eyes, that made the poor girl cringe. Her mother was cheating , using that trick on her. She knew she was soft.

"Won't you even try it? Just for your mommy?"

Menma snickered, covering his face with his hands, trying to hide it, ignoring his sister's murderous glare. He was aware she would budge eventually.

"yeah 'Ruko, do it for mommy" She stuck her tongue out at the annoyance she called brother. Why did he even have to come?

"Just give me the damn thing" she muttered, feeling cornered. Where was her father when she needed him!

The red haired woman smiled in triumph and handed her the dress, following her excitedly to the dressing rooms.

"Believe me! You will love it!"

"Yeah I'm sure I will" she scowled, wondering what she had done wrong to deserve this. She could be a bit of a drama queen sometimes.

It took twenty minutes, but in the end, Naruko actually managed to get the stupid thing on, with her mother's help for the zipper.

She looked at herself at the mirror, and suddenly felt so weird. Was that really her in the mirror? It did look good, she couldn't she did have a good figure, thanks to her karate training, even though she always hides it with her baggy clothes.

She had never worn anything like this. The dress was pretty, actually, but it just didn't feel like her. She didn't do dresses.

It was a royal blue skin- tight knee lenght dress, very simple, with two thin lace straps around the shoulder and some sequin roses designs that swirled around it. She wasn't used on wearing things with that much shine to them.

"Come on sweetie, let us see it!"

"Yeah 'Ruko! Come out already!" Menma called, his voice somewhat amused.

"Only when you put that cell phone down! You think I wouldn't know what you're intentions are"

"Spoilsport"