chapter 33

Shisui was sweating, and it wasn't because of the heat. He was agitated, and he tried to undo his tie a little bit, as Hana in front of him eyed him curiously, as she calmly ate her fancy meal, appreciating every bite, she had never ate such a delicious lobster, but her fidgeting boyfriend was ruining the atmosphere, making her nervous as well. She rested her fork down, leaning her elbows on the table, glaring at Shisui, that at first didn't realize it, but was slightly frightened once he met her eyes. She would make a perfect Uchiha, she had almost perfected the death glare.

"Ok. What the hell is wrong with you?" she asked, her brown eye brow raising slightly.

"Me? Nothing, I am completely fine" he tried to answer, fanning himself with his hands, he felt even worse now.

"It sure doesn't look like it" she commented, her eyes searching his, but he lowered his gaze, taking a deep breath.

"Are you hot? You look like you're sweating" she observed, tilting her head a bit in amusement.

"What can I tell you, I might be coming down with something, you know, the flu"

Hana frowned, realizing he was trying to bullshit her, but he did look a little out of sorts.

"Shisui, we're in august! Now be serious and tell me what is wrong with you!"

He had forgot about that, he could have simply said he was hot, it would have been a more reasonable justification.

"Oh…then I guess it's this heat, I might be a little overdressed"

Hana smiled at him, he was too pretty for her to stay mad at him for too long, at last in that occasion, she loved the slight pink blush that had formed on his cheeks, it was such a rare sight.

"I told you you didn't need the jacket, you would have been fine with a dress shirt"

She reminded him as she resumed eating her meal, imitated by Shisui, but he simply pinched his dinner, with a small frown, ignoring Hana's curious gaze. He was too quiet, and he wasn't devouring his meal like he usually did.

"Shisui, you're acting very weird, is…is something wrong?" she tried asking again, and he stood up stiffly, smiling widely at her.

"I…gotta go to the restroom, I will be back soon"

He disappeared from view and she blinked furrowing her brows as she watched him walk to the bathroom.

Shisui closed the door with a big breathe and took out his phone, composing the number quickly, glad he knew it by heart, and waited for the other person to pick up.

"Hello?" he heard the voice and thanked the lord, he was afraid he would ignore his call.

"Hey Itachi what are you doing cousin?" he happily spoke, and he could already imagine his cousin's brow raising.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the restaurant by now proposing to your girlfriend?" he heard the other's voice and from the way he said it, he was sure he was smirking. Damn Itachi.

"Yeah…but there's no hurry the evening is long" he trailed off, looking at himself at the mirror, fixing his tie a little bit.

"You're panicking"

"Hey! I'm n-"

"You are. Why would you call me if it wasn't so?"

Damn Itachi, maybe calling him wasn't such a great idea.

"Well…we'll see when it's your turn!"

"Hn" the customary Uchiha answer, his cousin was infuriating. Was he always like this or was he particularly nervous to handle Itachi's blunt ways?