chapter 14

Itachi had always been a very calm and stoic person, never showing much of his feelings to anyone, or expressing them out loud. He had always been proud of his cold demeanor, but right now, he found he couldn't contain his emotions as usual, and his normally cool exterior was harder to maintain, as he observed the scene in front of him.

He had wandered everywhere, roamed all over the guest accessible places, looking for the blonde girl, and when he finally found her,standing in the patio, she was with Gaara Sabaku, his father's business partner son. Not that there was something wrong with it, he knew very well that the majority of her friends were males, but, the Sabaku was a little too close for a simple friend for Itachi's taste.

He had placed an irritating hand around the blonde's waist, and was whispering something in her ear that made her giggle, and made him wish it was him in Gaara's place. It had been a long tome since he had felt the pang of jealousy within him, he wasn't really sure how to act.

He watched her, as she covered her small face with her hands, her blue eyes shining as she hit Gaara on the arm, for some reason, and her face flashed red. She was beautiful, even dressed in masculine clothes, to the Uchiha, she stood out from all the females scurrying around in fancy dresses.

He rubbed a hand on his face, trying to hold in his temptation of barging over there and sweep her away from that red headed bastard.

"Oi Itachi, what are you doing here all isolated?" Shisui patted his shoulder with a big grin on his lips, and Itachi groaned in irritation, as if his nerves weren't on strain.

"Nothing, I was just about to go looking for the others" he answered almost robotically, his eyes still on the two 'friends' a couple of meters from them. The older Uchiha followed his cousin's glare, and snickered softly, shaking his head.

"Ahh I see, jealousy doesn't suit you, cousin" because it was obvious Itachi was fuming, and he was sure he knew who was the cause of it.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Shisui" His pride couldn't let him be discovered that easily, although he wasn't doing much to hide it either.

The latter chuckled again, shaking his head at Itachi's denial, when feelings were involved, hos younger cousin was always a bit in difficulty, but, that was why he was there, he would never deny his help or his wise counsel.

"You are scaring people" he pointed out, his dark eyes on a woman close by that was watching them with a worried look. Shisui smiled and waved happily trying to reassure her, causing her to walk away as fast as she could.

Itachi snorted at that, and finally tore his eyes away from his source of annoyance, to look at his irritating cousin.

"Weren't you supposed to be here with Hana? Why aren't you bothering her?"

The brown haired man snorted, putting his hands in his pockets, his lips in a pout.

"She's over at the buffet…with my mother, I thought it wiser to leave them be. It's never a good thing to be around when two women are bonding"

Itachi's lips bolted upwards, and he forgot about the irritating red head for a couple of seconds.

"You already made it official? You two have just started dating" he pointed out, and his cousin shrugged it off.