chapter 9

Itachi was going through some documents that his father had given him earlier,to make some copies and organize them. He had to have them ready for an important meeting Fugaku had with some new clients from Suna, tomorrow afternoon.

Finally after all morning of running around, he finally found some time to sit down at his desk and focus on them, reading everything with attentive care, making sure they were absolutely spotless, his father would give him hell of they weren't.

He had been there for about half an hour, when he felt someone touch his arm, and shake him lightly.

"Aren't we serious uh?" He couldn't escape his cousin all day it seemed.

Shisui could have appeared out of thin air for all Itachi knew, he was too occupied to take in his surroundings, or to pay any mind to his bothersome cousin, who just leaned on his small desk giving him a mocking glare.

"Look at you, you're already starting to act like a perfect Uchiha businessman" He had an annoyingly amused tone that made Itachi's eyes roll and pout at the idiot for disturbing him.

Madara would have his head if those documents weren't ready by evening. He really didn't care to fail his first important assignment on his first day.

"Uh? I'm working in case you didn't notice" the long haired man didn't even tear his gaze away from the papers, too concentrated to do so, he was a true perfectionist and did everything with a meticulous attention. Someone would call him paranoid for it, but he preferred being safe than sorry.

"Well mr. Perfection, in case you didn't notice, it's lunch break" Shisui snickered pointing at the clock behind his back, that was marking noon. Itachi just stared at it with slight confusion and wide eyes. Shit, he really had lost all morning?

"Already? I didn't notice at all" he muttered taking off his glasses and rubbing his tired eyes, under the amused gaze of the older Uchiha.

"Well, you know the saying, time flies when you're having fun"

"There is no fun in this place" he muttered, looking up at his cousin and best friend that simply smiled at him.

"What? Are you missing your college days already? People usually tend to do that when they're forty year old, bored businessman" He sighed, now, that wasn't a very bright looking future

"Whatever Shisui" he replied dryly, as he got up from his seat, as the other motioned to follow him.

"Come on, since is your first day in the sharks den, I will treat you to lunch" he explained with his smile glued to his lips.

He had to admit, he liked having his younger cousin around, even if he too was transforming into a brooding bastard like Sasuke. He would have to do something about, the world needed him, two brooding Uchiha were too much to handle.

"Thanks" Itachi simply noodded with not much enthusiasm, he really wasn't feeling that hungry. Shisui grabbed him by the shoulders and guided him out the office, both ignoring the rest of their colleagues.

"Come on cousin, I am the best company you could ask for! And now that we work together we will see each other everyday!"

"I will never be rid of you"