chapter 26

Shisui groaned as he went through some papers in his home study, it was Saturday morning and he would have preferred to sleep in rather than doing work related stuff, but it was important, because he had noticed some strange movements around the company, and Obito's sudden departure made him suspicious, especially because he was aiming at becoming president although that position would never be his, since everyone knew Madara preferred Itachi in that position, once Fugaku retired, and Sasuke would join the company, than the two brothers would be at the head of the business, and Obito never concealed his dislike for the future arrangement.

Madara had shrugged off his resignations, the only thing he had said was that it was time he grew some balls, showing that he wasn't worried about Akatsuki, which was growing fastly, and Shisui couldn't understand how they could finance their projects, that were giving them tough competition in a field that had been their prime for years.

Shisui was sure they were been financed by someone who had interest in tearing Uchiha apart, and they were probably using Obito, knowing that he would be willing in spilling their secrets and probably even steal their projects before they could put them in the market.

He couldn't understand the reason though, Akatsuki was ran by Itachi's friends, Yahiko had even asked his cousin to accept a high position there, it was weird, and he wondered if the young founder of the company was aware of what was happening or if it was someone else pulling the strings from behind, using the young businessman. Itachi had already tried and get in contact with Yahiko, but with no success.

The phone rang, and he answered almost immediately with a big sigh.

'I hate you' he heard Itachi's chuckling, and he frowned at the younger man, although he knew he couldn't obviously see him.

'Did you find something?' Itachi ignored him, and went straight to the point.

'No, no evidence, nada absolutely nothing! I have neen studying the same documents for hours and came up with nothing, Akatsuki apparently doesn't specify where they get the money, there is no official list of the people working for them or with them, no payments, and the lab data is off limits'

'Hn, it's kind of weird, those kind of information should be registered and public'

He rubbed his eyes as he listened, glancing at the papers with a nod.

'Exactly! Whoever is messing with the system is linked to Akatsuki, it's the only company that doesn't result in the list!'

'Don't you find it suspicious? they're making it too obvious, they are not even putting the effort of masking their actions'

He glared at his empty coffee cup, and got up to go and make some more,while listening to his cousin talking.

'I think we should ask Kisame or Sasori to look into it, thinking about it, you should hire them and let that be your first act as a Ceo, Kisame could hack any type of software, and could get into their system, and Sasori is good at digging in his unconventional ways.'

'Hn, it does help that they're both unemployed at the moment'

'Exactly!' That way Itachi could bother someone else, he already had enough to do.

'Hn, very well dear cousin, I guess I will let you go, you have to get ready after all'

He could feel that Itachi was smirking, he wasn't sure how, he simply knew.