chapter 15

Shikamaru wasn't happy. He would have preferred being home right in that moment, possibly dozing off somewhere with no care in the world, but the fates hated him, so he had to stand there, with a frowning face, as he watched while Temari that troublesome girl, flirted with one of Itachi's friends.

First, he had seen her talking to a red headed guy, but, after discovering that not only he wasn't interested in the opposite sex, widely demonstrated by a blonde long haired guy, hovering over him, but that he was related to the Sabaku, he had relaxed.

Unluckily though, Itachi had a lot of friends, and most of them were single. There was the other red head, he knew him already, Nagato was related to Naruko's mother, and had occasionally met him before, and liked the guy, he was calm and minded his own business, and mostly stayed close to another orange haired guy and his girlfriend a blue haired girl with a piercing under her mouth.

Then there was the dj, with a passion for music, a weird religion that he had tried to talk him into, and language that would put to shame even the most navigated sailor. Itachi really had a weird group of friends when you considered each one on their own, but the one that bothered him the most, was the one that had claimed the blonde's attention, he was a weird looking guy, with grayish hair and a weird complexion, small eyes and a weird obsession for anything fish related. He didn't catch his name, but he knew he wouldn't like it.

It's not like he cared, she was older than him, and probably was into weirdos, he didn't like her, absolutely not! He was just annoyed that he had too watch her flirt with every single guy she had met, and in front of him! The nerve she had!

"What's with the soar face? You look like you ate a lemon" Choji had decided to be more attentive, he didn't have his loved potato chips to munch on so having nothing to do with himself, had given a look around and noticed the Nara in a corner, looking almost like Sasuke, to be honest it had creeper him out and went over to see if he could help.

"Nothing, it's all…ah such a drag"

Shikamaru could be a genius, but he and the Akimichi had been friends since childhood. Choji knew when the other was lying.

"Is it because of that girl? What was her name..

" He massaged his chin in thought, trying to remember.

"Temari…and no, it's not that" he corrected his friend that smiled, completely aware that he was lying

"If you say so, of course. Hmm….but you will agree with me that that guy is not right for her"

"I think the heat has gotten to all of your heads, every one of you has gone on an hormone spree, I don't want to be involved, I love to be single" he put his arms behind his head as to confirm his words.

"Relationships are too troublesome"

"Hmm, maybe you're right, but, it comes a time when even you will have to grow up, we are not children any more, soon we will be in college, you can't be the same lazy ass forever"

Shikamaru's eyes widened, what was his friend saying?

"You mean I'm not mature enough?"

Choji smiled at his friend, and bent his palm as to state something obvious.

"Don't worry Shikamaru, maybe you're just a late bloomer" he snickered at the Nara outraged expression, he was having his share of fun, and getting Shikamaru to admit and accept his feelings was no easy task, but he was determined to help, after all, he was always willing to help a friend in need.