chapter 20

Itachi woke up with a frown on his face as he heard a loud banging noise coming from the kitchen. He looked at his alarm clock near his nightstand, and let out a loud groan when he read the time. It was nearly six o' clock, too early too get up, especially because he had gone too bed at midnight.

He couldn't get back to sleep so he dragged himself towards the source of the noise, that came from the kitchen, where he found no other than his mother making breakfast with a big smile on her face. It was a strange view, and he felt the need to rub his eyes or go and grab his glasses, maybe his eyesight was playing some joke on him.

"Hi dear, come I made you pancakes!" she called as soon as she noticed him standing there in his night attire, which consisted only in a pair of black shorts.

"Mother, do you realize what time it is?" he muttered in a low voice still a little husky from sleep.

"Of course! But I couldn't sleep so I came down here and started breakfast" she explained, hiding the little detail that she had started cooking from last night, but he didn't have to know that.

"Really mother you need to find yourself another hobby, one that isn't as noisy" He grumpily added, sitting on one of the kitchen stools, as she put a plate in front of him, leaning her hands on the counter staring at her son with a challenging glare, one in perfect Uchiha style, and he looked back with a raised eyebrow, almost unaffected, she was his mother after all, he knew what happened when she got that look.

"So, how did your evening go?" she asked, her black eyes staring directly in identical ones, that blinked for a second, as he understood his mother's sudden need of cooking one of his favorite foreign food. She was trying to bribe him into telling her about his date, that he hadn't told her about, so, he deducted, she must have found out from another source, that had surely given her some vital information, and he was almost sure of who it was.

"I'm not telling you, but thanks for these" he answered with a smirk, relishing in his mother's annoyance, ignoring her reprimands about bringing food in the bedroom.

He climbed upstairs, taking two steps at the time, and knocked at the door of the bedroom next to his, grinning at the curses coming from the other side.

"What?" Sasuke croaked as he opened the door, and Itachi couldn't hold in his laughter at the condition he was in. His hair was ruffled, dressed in an outfit almost identical to his and one eye closed, while the other was barely opened.

"Well, good morning to you too" he stepped in, as his brother went back to his bed, laying on top of the sheets.

"It's frigging six o clock Itachi! What the hell could you possibly want?" he moaned rubbing his face, wishing his brother would just disappear and let him go back to bed.

"Nothing, I wanted to show you mother made pancakes" he pointed at the plate in his hands to prove his point. The teen opened one eye to glare at his brother.

"You woke me up just for that? What's wrong with you?" He was awake because of his mother banging pans in the kitchen, but he wasn't going to tell his brother that.

"Not just for this foolish little brother. Mother never bothers making pancakes unless is for a reason"

"Get to the point Itachi" he groaned, thinking this was some sort of torture, or Itachi was making him pay for something he did, even if he didn't know what, but still, his brother was evil.

"Mother knows something, but, she is trying to fool me, getting me to confess it to her" Itachi said, ignoring him.

Sasuke yawned "Yeah, so?"