chapter 18

Naruko was nervous, very nervous, as she fixed her hair in a low bun, like Ino had instructed her, and applied make up on her face for the first time ever, risking going blind in one because of the evil mascara brush. She wore the clothes her friends had helped her chose, or better, had forced her to wear, forcing her into a skirt for the first time in ages. Her mother would be shedding tears of joy that evening, seeing her baby girl dressed properly for her first date, which she hadn't informed them, but she guessed she had to, since Itachi had insisted in picking her up at her house. Hell would break loose, her father would have a fit and her mother, she wasn't sure how she would react but, because it was Kushina, she was sure it would be embarrassing.

She fixed the snug white blouse that Ino had picked for her, it was different from the t shirts she usually wore, and it left her shoulders bare, showing her collarbone .

At the bottom she wore skin tight black pants, they hadn't pushed her into a skirt, seeing as it was traumatic enough for her to change her style completely, and had settled with a pair of flats, mostly because she couldn't walk on heels, but Ino had promised that she would train in her future, saying that if she was going to be Itachi's girlfriend she had to learn absolutely.

She took a deep breath, feeling as if someone else was staring back at her, her blue eyes wide a she studied her figure. She had to admit she liked seeing herself so polished, it made her look more mature, more suited for someone as elegant and handsome as Itachi.

Now the biggest obstacle was show herself to her family, they were gathered in the dining room ready for dinner. They would die of shock.

She mustered some courage and slowly made her way downstairs, rolling her eyes at the surprised gasps and th loud crash she heard as soon as she stepped in the room. She was expecting that, but her father dropping plates was a bit exaggerated.

"Yeah…uhmm what do you guys think?" she dared to ask seeing as both her parents and brother were all gaping at her, she hoped they would find their ability to speak again, because she didn't have all night. Maybe it was too much for them all of a sudden, maybe she should have given them some warning, and they didn't even know about Itachi yet.

"Naruko? Is that you?" Minato looked like his eyes could fall out of their sockets from how wide they were.

"Of course dad, who else would it be? if Do you have another daughter or something?" she muttered, a little annoyed at their reaction, it was like they had seen an alien or something.

He gulped and Naruko studied his red face with a hint of worry.

"B-but! You….Kushina!" he screeched, poking his wife's side in a panic.

"Shh Minato, it's ok, this was bound to happen one day" Kushina was grinning widely as she patted her husband on the back, amusement clear in her eyes, as she winked at her daughter with pride.

"Did you lose a bet or something?" Menma of course would say something like that, laughing so hard, he had to hold his hands to his stomach.

"So much for an honest opinion, do I look so bad?" she asked worriedly, concerned about her appearance for the first time in her life, she wanted to impress Itachi more than anything else.

"You look absolutely stunning" her mother gushed, and from the way her father's eyes were tearing up, she was telling the truth, making her smile triumphantly. Now that was the reaction she wanted.

"Do you really want to leave the house dressed like that?" Minato asked, he was the picture of a broken man, who had just realized how much she had grown up, and how men would surely lure after her. His baby girl was an adult now, the thought made him die on the inside a little bit.